Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 27, 2008, 6:27 AM   #11

One more objective source:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3385.html
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 9:32 PM   #12

"It's a scam"...please elaborate. Are you speaking on experience with this company, or just trying to be the usual know-it-all?

Like I said in my original post

I HAVE PURCHASED from this company. As far as I can tell, everyone else has an OPINION. Not based on facts or in doing business with the company.

In essence, Judged a book by it's cover.

I have bought from this company. I did not receive a "verification phone call" to try and upsell me more stuff. There were no delays in shipping. The item was received as described. Not a grey market item. USA warranty was included in the 2 camera purchases.

The main problem I have with this website is a few individuals that have to show everyone they are experts in all things photography. I really enjoy this website. But like everything else, you have to take the good with the arrogant.

firstascent- I hope you find what you are looking for at a price that agrees with you.
robintrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:18 PM   #13

robintrade wrote:
Quote:
I have purchased a few times from this company. They currently have the A300 with 18-70 shipped for free for $569.00. I think this is the regular price for them.

Hope this helps

A300>>>http://www.ibuydigital.com/product/?...rt_id=31566204

Best Buy, Dell, Searsand B&H havethe A300 with 18-70 lens for $599.00 with the"free shipping"

Circuit City, Adoramaand Crutchfield havethe A300 with 18-70 lens for $549.00 after $50 instant rebate (instand discount)and includes "free shipping".

Wanna bet that BB, Dell and B&H will be $50 lower the next time they update their webpages?

You don't have to buy form somebody working out of the trunk of their car or the sleaziest warehouse in town to get a good deal.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:23 PM   #14

UPDATE.

The Sony Store is offering a $50 rebate on the Alpha 300 with kit lens

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665345641

This means the legitimatevendors at $599 shouldbe reducing their price by $50 in the next few days.

Old Nov 29, 2008, 5:03 AM   #15

robintrade wrote:
Quote:
"It's a scam"...please elaborate. Are you speaking on experience with this company, or just trying to be the usual know-it-all?

Like I said in my original post

I HAVE PURCHASED from this company. As far as I can tell, everyone else has an OPINION. Not based on facts or in doing business with the company.

In essence, Judged a book by it's cover.

I have bought from this company. I did not receive a "verification phone call" to try and upsell me more stuff. There were no delays in shipping. The item was received as described. Not a grey market item. USA warranty was included in the 2 camera purchases.

The main problem I have with this website is a few individuals that have to show everyone they are experts in all things photography. I really enjoy this website. But like everything else, you have to take the good with the arrogant.
On resellerratings.com, in the past six months, 21 people have reviewed ibuydigital.com (under its various guises) and given it a rating of 5.48 on a scale of 0 to 10, where the average is 8.03. Teh rating of 5.48 is a significant drop from its Lifetime Rating of 8.21 which is above average. Perhaps your experience was during that earlier period when they built up a good reputation, but things seem to have slipped since then.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:59 PM   #16

TCav wrote:
Quote:
robintrade wrote:
21 people have reviewed ibuydigital.com (under its various guises) .
Yep, various guises.

Well said. Well said.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:18 AM   #17

BestBuy have it with 2 lens fors 599.00

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....96&count=2

I'm really thinking about getting one for my personal present !!
cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:45 AM   #18

To-Me-From-Me's are always nice.

But the kit you're looking at includes the Sony 75-300 which isn't very good. SonyStyle lists a two lens kit for the A300 which includes the 55-200, a better lens,for the same price.

Those are extraordinary deals. The A300 with the kit lens goes for $550, which means the second kit lens is only $50! (A fair price for the 75-300, IMHO, but a true bargain for the 55-200.)
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:33 PM   #19

TCav wrote:
Quote:
To-Me-From-Me's are always nice.

But the kit you're looking at includes the Sony 75-300 which isn't very good. SonyStyle lists a two lens kit for the A300 which includes the 55-200, a better lens,for the same price.

Those are extraordinary deals. The A300 with the kit lens goes for $550, which means the second kit lens is only $50! (A fair price for the 75-300, IMHO, but a true bargain for the 55-200.)
I'm doing the step to DSLR I had only P&S before. If you can be so kind and explain me why is beter the 55-200 than the 75-300 ?

As far as i understand the lens included is the 18-70 and the extra 75-300. I think it will cover a wide range or i'm wrong ?
cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:50 PM   #20

cybermaniak wrote:
Quote:
I'm doing the step to DSLR I had only P&S before. If you can be so kind and explain me why is beter the 55-200 than the 75-300 ?

As far as i understand the lens included is the 18-70 and the extra 75-300. I think it will cover a wide range or i'm wrong ?
The Sony 75-300 has a greater zoom range than the Sony 55-200, but the 75-300 suffers from significant chromatic aberration at longer focal lengths. The 55-200 is also sharper. So while the 55-200 doesn't have the range of the 75-300, it provides better image quality.