Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:53 PM   #21

It was with the store the extra one year warranty. I've made my descion now. I've decided to opt for the A300 now. After reading a lot about megapixels and sensors realised there was no need for me to have the higher pixel count as i'm not going to be spending lots of money on new lenses any time soon.

In the end i went for a good deal on the A300. When bought with the camera I got a 4gb extreme III Compact Flash card a tamron zoom lens. When bought at the same time as the camera it was about £40 pound cheaper then the cheapest prices I could find on the net. I'm aware the tamron lens will not be the best quaility by any means but I feel i'm now well set up to start doing everything I want to be able to do at the best price possible. I feel no need to rush in and buy lots of expensive lenses at this stage, that can come later if i feel the need to progress. Just need a good case for the camera and lens now and I feel i'm all set to get started.

Thanks for everyones advice on this and other threads.
hearing_aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:10 PM   #22

Which Tamron lens did you get?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:28 PM   #23

Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6Di
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:17 PM   #24

Good choice.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:29 AM   #25

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Good choice.
Thanks, wasn't really my choice tho!, just was the one they were offering as part of the deal and after a quick *****h on the net there was no one screaming 'don't buy this lens' and a few positive comments about it for a budget lens. Though its good to hear you say that as you seem very knowledgable about lenses.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:34 AM   #26

There are several inexpensive 70-300 and 75-300 lenses available, and none of them qualify as 'very good', but the Tamron Di LD is the best of the lot. Tamron also has one without the 'Di' that is not as good. The Sigma APO is also good, but it has had problems when connected to Sony dLSRs.