Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:41 PM   #1

Guys, I cut my teeth on a Nikon 6006 SLR film camera so I know a bit about advanced cameras. Since the advent of digital, I bought a small point and shoot simply for the advantage of size. My problem is with shutter lag. As a result, I am considering the A200 as a way of getting back into DSLR world.

Most of my problems with my P&S cameras comes on an annual fishing trip when I cannot prep the shot. I need a responsive camera and focal length isn't a major requirement. I also don't want to drop a load the camera, thus my idea about the A200. Comments/questions/suggestions would be appreciated.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:03 PM   #2
Administrator

The A200 offers great "bang for the buck" in the entry level category with relatively fast Autofocus times.

I've used a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D on many a fishing trip (mostly taking photos of nieces and nephews fishing). The A200 has the same 9 point AF sensor assembly, with faster Autofocus (thanks to reduced mirror blackout, faster AF motor and algorithms).

For around $500 for a body and kit lens, I think it's hard to beat in the entry level dSLR category.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:16 PM   #3

I use the Sony A200 to Mainly photography fire and rescue stuff armed with a 28-300mm lens. It is a great camera when paired with a 133x speed card or even a sandisc Exterme III. Also the battery lasts way longer than Sony claims it is soupposed to.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:38 PM   #4

Guys, thanks a ton for the quick replies. I think I am about to go and buy one tonight!
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote