Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:04 AM   #11
Administrator

StevieDgpt wrote:
Quote:
I am not a big fan of used lenses (or used anything else for that matter). Others are. Personal Choice. Used AF Minolta lenses are an option... if you are willing to buy used.
I've got a number of Minolta AF lenses that I purchased in used or refurbished condition, including my Minolta 28mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 100mm f/2, 135mm f/2.8 and 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5. They all work just fine on my KM Maxxum 5D and Sony A700.

I'd stick with reputable vendors that have a good return policy and short term warranty on used gear. Vendors like http://www.bhphotovideo.com
and http://www.keh.com are great choices and and usually stock a wide variety of lenses in Minolta AF (a.k.a., Minolta A, Dynax, Maxxum, Alpha) mount from both Minolta and third party vendors like Tamron, Sigma, and others.

A good place to read user reviews of lenses from Konica Minolta and Sony dSLR owners is Dyxum.com. If you click on a given lens model, you'll see lens specifications, as well as links to user reviews and sample images.

Fixed Focal Length Lenses (primes)

Macro Lenses

Zoom Lenses

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:10 AM   #12

Guys, I am more than thrilled. Got my A200 today from the guys in the Brown truck. I am heading to Augusta GA tomorrow for the Master's golf tourney. I'll just have the standard lens but I will have tons of fun playing with my new toy! Hopefully my inexperience will be offset a bit by this great camera.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:26 AM   #13
Administrator

The Masters, huh? I'm jealous. :-)

You may be able to get away with taking some photos during tomorrow's practice if you have tickets for it. You're not going to be able to get away with using your camera during the tournament, though (cameras are strictly prohibited on tournament days).

Are you in Georgia? My wife and I live in Savannah now, and lived in Marietta, GA for about 12 years before moving here. Years before that, I lived in Martinez for a while while working for a communications company with a branch office in Augusta. It's a nice area.

Old Apr 7, 2009, 9:33 AM   #14

I am going to Wednesday practice round. I've been to the tournament a couple of times but I personally prefer the practice rounds. I live in Memphis, TN and the flight is cheap but hotels are OUTRAGEOUS. Anyway, supposed to be sunny and 63 degrees. I just hope the cold snap hasn't affected the azaleas.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 9:41 AM   #15
Administrator

Yes, I can imagine (the hotels are probably charging a lot for rooms during the Masters). :-)

Have a great time, and please share some photos of tomorrow's practice if you get a chance to take some.

Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:10 PM   #16

Outhouse wrote:
Quote:
I am going to Wednesday practice round. I've been to the tournament a couple of times but I personally prefer the practice rounds. I live in Memphis, TN and the flight is cheap but hotels are OUTRAGEOUS. Anyway, supposed to be sunny and 63 degrees. I just hope the cold snap hasn't affected the azaleas.
Azaleas are pretty hardy. A kight freeze is usually not an issue for the blooms.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:42 PM   #17

Guys, Augusta was amazing. I've been a number of times and didn't take many pics, but I will try and post one this weekend. I took my new A200 with the basic lens and my son's Panasonic FZ28.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:07 PM   #18

Here are two pix taken from the same spot. One is of the 13th green and then back towards the 13th tee and 12th green. Someone that knows what they are doing could go crazy with a camera.
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2009, 4:08 PM   #19

Here's the other pic
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2009, 9:44 PM   #20

Colors are wonderful.

Keep practicing and you will soon be ready tosubmit your pics to golf digest.

StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote