Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 2, 2009, 5:27 PM   #1

having a bad day. some how my laptop went and rebooted back to a date that i dont remember. and i lost my photoshop cs3, and i can not find my key for it. with all that i had a major blow out on my work trailer today.. so i don't know if there is where i can post for maybe some help i don't know.

but if anyone could help i would really appreciate it.. but if not , im just venting..
lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2009, 2:25 PM   #2

It could be that the internal battery in you laptop (the one that keeps the date and time) has failed. It could also be that the computer reverted to a "Last known good" configuration that was some time ago.

Without more details, it's hard to tell what the real problem is, but good luck with it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 9:57 PM   #3

thanks.. i really didn't loose that much. but i lost my key for my photoshop and that is what i'm really mad about. but to top all the other my 50 mm came and the guy on ebay never tested it. so when i got it it makes a grinding sound in the gears..everytime it trys to focus on an object

lonefeather93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 10:11 PM   #4

We have all had bad days, hope I can help.

Contact Adobe about your key, they will have records and shpuld be able to help you.

As for the laptop, I would take it to a repair center. Hopefully it is something simple, but even if the hard disk is going bad, they may be able to recover lost data. It might not be cheap, but worth it.

I keep backups on a USB hard disk (500 GB) as well as files on either CD or DVD. I'll be very happy when Blu-Ray disks get to an affordable price.

As far as the lens, see about returning it, most of the Ebay selers will take care of a problem. I have had very good experiences on Ebay.

I hope this helps

Phil
PWhite214 is offline   Reply With Quote