Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 20, 2009, 10:00 AM   #11

Also the manufacture told I needed to tell them exact what I did leading up to the problem being caused. I know I should never admit fault....... but they asked me exact what happened and I told them about cleaning the sensor since that was the last thing I did before it failed. Also none of their great tech people could solve the problem that on this message board took less than 12 hours to do...... this message board rules and is way better than tech support

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; May 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 12:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Also the manufacture told I needed to tell them exact what I did leading up to the problem being caused. ...

dave
Of course they asked. I'd have said "I turned the camera on, took a couple of shots and all of a sudden there was no image. I swapped the memory card thinking that it would have fixed the problem but it didn't". Then, let them go and figure out what the problem was. That's what the warranty is for. Unfortunately, the more you admit, the less you get. Having the attitude they have, only encourages users to lie. Had they said "OK, since the camera is still under the warranty, send it to us and we will take a look at it", you would have felt much better, wouldn't you? Then, if you really broke something that would be very costly to repair, then Sony could get back to you with some options. That would be good customer service!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 1:00 PM   #13

I own a a 300. I would of purchased the 700 if I could afford it.As allready stated , if you are making a living from doing this spend the extra cash on the 700.
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 5:52 PM   #14

Well thats what I am planning on doing as soon as I get the funds unless a newer version of the same model comes available with better features. Basically Jim C already talked me into that backup by great advice from TCav

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; May 22, 2009 at 5:54 PM.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote