Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:14 PM   #21

If you search B&H exactly this way it will be the only thing you will see: sony a350K hard bundle

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...y=13&Go=submit
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:46 PM   #22

That's great that they still have it. Anyone thinking about it there you go, it's a great deal. You basically get the 14.2 MP version for the price of the 10.2 version plus a vertical grip.

Can't wait to get it and start enjoying. Now I need to get a bag for it. I'm thinking about the lowepro sling 100 or 200.

JimC thanks, I think I may have grabbed the last one. The credit on the new card was the icing on the cake.
oman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
It turns out that nobody was buying the vertical grips. Now that Sony is discontinuing the models these grips work with, they're practically giving the grips away. If you forget about the grip, the price isn't that spectacular.
Amazon has the grips for $89.95, I just ordered one.
tsiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:03 AM   #24

Well it's legit, I got my confirmation email yesterday. Only the grip showed the status of it's location, it's coming from IL. Today the Camera's shipping status updated, it's coming from CA so unfortunately it will take an extra day for it to get to me. Scheduled to arrive the 16th and 17th.

Can't wait, very excited. Hopefully I'll get to get some good practice with it before going on vacation in couple of weeks. Gotta buy some memory cards though.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:13 AM   #25
Administrator

I've been using one of these 16GB Transcend cards in an A700 since October 2007, taking many thousands of photos with no problems (and I've also used this same card in a couple of different Nikon dSLR models with no issues). I simply reformat it prior to every reuse using the camera's menu choice for format. That way, I always start out with a fresh FAT (File Allocation Table), just the way the camera I'm using it in expects it (since the camera is formatting the card). If you look at the photos of the packaging, you'll see that these have a lifetime warranty, too. You can buy faster cards for the A700 now, but as far as "bang for the buck" goes, these are pretty decent.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208337
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:43 AM   #26

Jim C said: I've been using one of these 16GB Transcend cards in an A700 since October 2007, taking many thousands of photos with no problems

I used the 16GB 133x transcend card in a Fuji S9100 for two family weddings (which was recommended by Jim C). It worked perfectly. Allowed me to shoot they entire wedding event on one card, with out the fear of having to change cards at a peak moment of action. It was able to keep up with my camera without any delay. That was at a point when I had a 2GB and 4GB card and was looking for a good 8GB so Jim recommended this and it worked perfectly! Worked so good that I also have a 133x 8GB version in my camera card case.

By the way I carry with me
8GB extreme III in camera
16GB 133x Transcend
8GB 133x Transcend
8GB extreme III

I also have in another case in spare parts/Fuji S9100 bag
4GB PQI 100x (had issues with dropped frames when shooting video)
2GB Ultra II
2GB card that came with the Sony A200 that is loaded into the Fuji

I have used it in my Sony A200 without any issues although my primary card is now the 8GB extreme III because that one is just slightly faster and with the 3fps burst rate I can shoot until the card fills up or until I decide to stop with the 133x card it slows down to 2fps after about 10 frames (but I am a little bias as my employer gave me two of these in late April for use in my A200). But bang for the buck the transcend is a GREAT! card unless you need that ultra high framing capture rate for long periods of time. The transcend 133x has never failed me and I shoot fires, rescue and even used it during a flood situation with a lot of tree damage etc.

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; Jun 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:18 PM   #27

Default nice bundle

I actually bought this for $799 a month ago but...even at that it's a HELL of a deal. The grip....looks cool and when I buy a new batt I can throw it in there - nice I guess.

But the 55-200 lens is pretty nice....

Plus the new Alpha's are more consumer - the A350 may go down as one of the better SLR's through history - sort of the perfect mix of features - my fav? The tilt screen is a MUST have....
Shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:41 PM   #28
Administrator

Shootist:

Welcome to the forums. I see this is your first post here, so please don't be a stranger.

It looks like B&H is out of them now, too. It was a great deal while it lasted.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:01 PM   #29

Glad I was able to get in on the deal. The grip arrived today, camera should be here tomorrow. Also got a Lowepro sling 200 to carry and store in during our upcoming vaca. Very excited.