Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:18 PM   #1

Default Sony A330 - A Few Comments

After reading about the new A330, I found a deal at Crutchfield over the weekend and got the camera, the 18-55 lens, the 55-200 lens, 75-300 lens and an extra battery for 750.00 (780 - 30 cashback). Not a bad price considering it's a new model...

A few comments...I honestly think it's a bold move by Sony to revamp the lineup and make it even more appealing to new DSLR users. I agree that there are not many changes in the new models except the one that matters most - image quality. From the samples I have seen, noise is much better controlled and the auto white balance is greatly improved. In the new Pop Photo, it reviews the A330 and says its autofocus is as fast as the new Canon T1i in most situations. Other subtle changes include raising the built-in flash to eliminate the shadowing found in the previous models.

I will report back later once I have mine in hand.
BigCTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:55 PM   #2
Administrator

Sony is running a special on the A330 two lens kit right now (A330 body + 18-55mm + 55-200mm). You can find this kit for $699.99 at a number of dealers right now. A kit with the 75-300mm and spare battery sounds like a vendor kit designed to give you an even better deal.

Congrats on the new camera. Please keep us updated on how well it performs.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:15 PM   #3

That's right. Crutchfield is offering 180.00 off the 75-300 lens and 50.00 off an extra battery if you buy either an A200 or A300 kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Sony is running a special on the A330 two lens kit right now (A330 body + 18-55mm + 55-200mm). You can find this kit for $699.99 at a number of dealers right now. A kit with the 75-300mm and spare battery sounds like a vendor kit designed to give you an even better deal.

Congrats on the new camera. Please keep us updated on how well it performs.
BigCTM is offline   Reply With Quote