Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:58 AM   #1

Default exterior screen for a700

Hello,

Well i have an a700 and i really want a larger screen that i can connect to the a700 via the hdmi or the video output so i can review my photos whiteout having to go to a computer...

The lcd of the a700 is really good, but sometimes i miss certain details such as very narrow dof, or even the white balance...

I'd appreciate if you'd also give me some links of the items, also i'm not looking for an expensive item.
m-o-s-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:31 AM   #2

See http://zigview.co.uk/seculine-zigvie...viewfinder.htm

You might also look at the Epson P-6000 Multimedia Photo Viewer. It's an external image viewer and storage device (w/80GB hard disk drive, the P-7000 has a 160GB HDD.), but it also has a tethering feature. As you take a photo, it is transferred to the P-6000 as it is transferred to your memory card, so you can review the image on the 4" LCD display.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:22 AM   #3

I see thank you for both of your solutions, but unfortunately a 4'' screen is too little for me and i need something to review my work not a digital viewfinder...

I would really like an 7-12'' lcd monitor with a battery pack ... but those don't exist...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:19 AM   #4

There's the Sony DVP-FX930 Portable DVD Player. It's got a 9" screen and an A/V Input.

There used to be several portable, battery powered TVs available that could do what you want, but since the DTV change-over, those older TVs are out of circulation, and no one makes a battery powered DTV.

But remember that HDMI or video out from the A700 won't be as good as seeing it on your computer. For what you want to do, I think your best solution is the Remote Camera Control software (that comes with the A700) running on a laptop.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:13 AM   #5

I'll try the laptop thing

But the thing is that my laptop has really bad colors i don't know why ...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:50 AM   #6

You might look for an ICC Profile from the manufacturer.