Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:25 PM   #1

Default Have you taken your Screen protector off?

Well, I bought Sony's plastic screen protector. After it was installed I noticed that there was a huge piece of something right in the middle of the screen. So I took off the protector how the guide said how to do it, and the bottom part cracked. It still can fit on, but now I'm afraid to do it again.

Have any of you had this problem?
adamvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:49 PM   #2

I have one on my screen and have never removed as of yet

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamvk View Post
Well, I bought Sony's plastic screen protector. After it was installed I noticed that there was a huge piece of something right in the middle of the screen. So I took off the protector how the guide said how to do it, and the bottom part cracked. It still can fit on, but now I'm afraid to do it again.

Have any of you had this problem?

A huge piece of something?? What was it? I ordered the screen protector even before my body arrived. First thing I do it put it on. Are you saying there was something on the screen protector or was it on the camera's screen? The screen protectors are relatively cheap; just buy another one if it's cracked.
Chris R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R. View Post
A huge piece of something?? What was it? I ordered the screen protector even before my body arrived. First thing I do it put it on. Are you saying there was something on the screen protector or was it on the camera's screen? The screen protectors are relatively cheap; just buy another one if it's cracked.
The bottom "clamp" of the screen protector that clips on the the camera was what cracked.
adamvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:27 PM   #5

I have removed Sony's hard plastic screen protector from my alpha 350 and have stopped using it. I had the same problem with the right side clip so it always fell off. I also found the screen protector wasn't flush enough against the camera and some grit has scratched as it has worked its way down the screen with the pressure of the protector applied.

I have since bought sticky film layer LCD protectors from a camera shop in the UK but they peeled off as soon as I put the camera into my camera bag.

I am going to purchase this: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php Watching the video illustrates just how good this is, and I can fully attest to it.

I have this screen protector on my mobile phone and it is superb, not a single scratch to the screen, and it has stayed adhered despite constant use (in and out of my pocket with my keys and wallet etc...) for about 5 months.
paul2584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2584 View Post
I have removed Sony's hard plastic screen protector from my alpha 350 and have stopped using it. I had the same problem with the right side clip so it always fell off. I also found the screen protector wasn't flush enough against the camera and some grit has scratched as it has worked its way down the screen with the pressure of the protector applied.

I have since bought sticky film layer LCD protectors from a camera shop in the UK but they peeled off as soon as I put the camera into my camera bag.

I am going to purchase this: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php Watching the video illustrates just how good this is, and I can fully attest to it.

I have this screen protector on my mobile phone and it is superb, not a single scratch to the screen, and it has stayed adhered despite constant use (in and out of my pocket with my keys and wallet etc...) for about 5 months.
That's a very good idea. I've used Invisible Shield before, and it works REALLY well.