Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:36 PM   #1

Default Santa Barbara Wedding

Here's a little sampling from my latest project!
I was the second shooter for this event (I think I shocked the main guy (Canon) with my results but you be the judge)
_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

For LARGER views and more images visit the full gallery here - http://www.karenengel.com/church-gregory - (Presented in chronological order)

Technical details - I carried both these at the same time -
A850 Sony/CZ24-70
A700 Tamron 70-200 2.8 and Minolta 50 1.4
HVL 56AM (on 850 only)
http://www.karenengelphotography.com/

Last edited by CaliGal; Jul 2, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
CaliGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2010, 3:08 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGal View Post
Here's a little sampling from my latest project!
I was the second shooter for this event (I think I shocked the main guy (Canon) with my results but you be the judge))
I like them, it's nice to see someone putting some good quality wedding photos on here as unfortunately we don't have many wedding photographers on here so glad you posed.

Not sure why any photographer should be surprised by someone with good glass and a good eye getting high quality results. If you were shooting natural light in a nasty dark church then you would have struggled more than the other shooter but there is no reason to expect less from a Sony or Pentax in the right hands with the right lens and lighting. People get too hung up on their kit, let the photos do the talking

Speaking of photos, I particularly like #2 with the great low angle, I'm guessing this was on a bridge. It works really well.

Hope we get to see more from you.

Mark
Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:51 AM   #3

Thanks - I should also mention....this was my FIRST wedding - so technically I'm not a wedding photographer. YET.
http://www.karenengelphotography.com/
CaliGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:55 PM   #4

Good work! #2 and 8 really standout as the best to me.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:53 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGal View Post
Thanks - I should also mention....this was my FIRST wedding - so technically I'm not a wedding photographer. YET.
Possibly not technically, but looking at your site you certainly have a good understanding of light, composition etc so not a major move.

Nice work!!!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:41 AM   #6

Although No. 8 is my favorite, you did a very good job!
antonlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:57 PM   #7

nice pics very memorable the bride and groom will cherish it years to come oooooh I love weddings
zaboot1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:35 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelsteve01 View Post
Hi!
Awesome pictures i really adore every single pic. Thanks for sharing your post. I had a great time by watching these pics. I love the colors contrast.
Especially i like the most where bride holding flowers in her hand. that one is beautiful pic. Have a great life ahead.
I've removed your signature as we don't allow advertising here at Steve's. It seems that you are in India and have just used this as a way of getting a clients site out there. I've not yet blocked you and currently your IP isn't blocked either (nor has your provider been contacted about spamming or the company you represented in the link) but we will be keeping an eye on any activity!