Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:49 AM   #11

Thanks for the info! For your A900, the CF adapter is like a match in heaven. This really cut the cost since SDHC card is cheaper than compact flash. Back here in the States, 8GB SDHC card can be bought for $16, The cheapest 8 GB CF card costs $25 when they come on sale. Right now I have only one CF card for my Sony A200. If the CF adapter works good on the SDHC card, I may not have to buy another CF card. I can use just SDHC cards for both the Sony and the Canon cameras.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:25 AM   #12

My dear Buddy,

Concerning these SDHc & faster...cards...for been use in your Canon...specially if an older model...or cheap one...check your "Firmware"...&; if exist any newer one...download to your computer & copy it trough a card reader...to any "Free' SD card & after so...update the exist one firmware to the last one...(If...exist more that one...it's possible as occurs with Nikon firmwares...to copy all of them & after to update one by one automatically...till the last one!).

Peace,

Alex 007
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:56 PM   #13

Alex,

I got the adapter today from the vendor. Try out the 4gb cards that I have and they all work great. I shoot a few pictures with each card to make sure they all work. This adapter is a winner. One thing I noticed is that the SD cards are much faster than the 133X Kingston CF card. I can't help to notice that there is no lag time when I view the pictures on the A200 LCD screen.

This vendor I got the adapter from from is very good and responsive. He sent me an email to inform me that the adapter is out of stock and he sent me a working sample instead. He mentioned that he will sent me the one which was advertised as soon as it is available. If I decide to keep the working sample, he will deduct $9 off from the price. I am keeping the working sample because it works great and it saves me a little money. The only difference I can tell is the working sample has no label on either front or back.

Thanks for showing me the way to free myself from the expensive and slower CF cards!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:42 AM   #14

Hi!

Make me extremely happier...your response. Enjoy!.

BTW...my two slots are loaded...but NOW...only the CF possibility I'm using.

Works very well with my Toshiba class 10 card...I'm happier!

Peace.

Alex 007
Old Oct 3, 2010, 2:02 PM   #15

I've been using a CF adapter for almost one year with SD cards (Primarily SANSDISK Ultra II) on a A700 with no problems shooting in a wide variety of settings including burst mode..
The only drawback is that I cannot format the card in the camera. If anyone knows of a solution I would appreciate it.
Other than that, the adapter works as promised. As others have noted, SD cards including SDHC tend to be cheaper than CF cards at the same speed.
Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:08 PM   #16

I have no SDHC card larger than 4 gb. Both the Kingston 4x and A-data 6X cards can be formatted in the A200. The 16 gb Patriot 10X i ordered last week should be coming in a day or two. Then I can tell it really works as they claimed supporting up to 32 gb. However, if it supports the 16 gb card, that is good enough for me.

Last edited by WCKSer; Oct 4, 2010 at 2:04 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:30 PM   #17

Hi my dear Selvin,

My ordered 8gb Toshiba card trough this photographed adapter...works with my A900...with NO problem at all...Formatting issue it's 100% OK!. Yours is exactly the same a my photographed one?

Peace,

Alex 007
Old Oct 4, 2010, 2:08 AM   #18

Mine is supposed ti have a blue label on the Ebay advertisement. However, they sent me a working sample without labels because it was out of stock and deducted $9 from the price. So I paid only $13.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:42 PM   #19

The 16gb Patriot SDHC card just arrived and it works.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:09 AM   #20

Default Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!

Peace,

Alex 007