Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:15 AM   #1

Default 3rd party Minolta AF lenses?

I was just wondering if Sigma, Tamron, Quantaray,Tokina, Vivitar etc. made any decent lenses for Minolta AF mount. The reason I ask is that I often see third party lenses for Minolta on cragslist.
Most of what I've seen are slower than their Minolta counterparts, and since I'm looking for faster lenses they won't work. But I would assume there is some non-Minolta f/2.8 glass. (since the listings often do not include f number I have to ask, but recognizing if it's a possible 2.8 or faster would make things go faster).

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:19 AM   #2
Administrator

A good place to read user reviews of Minolta AF mount lenses posted by Konica Minolta and Sony dSLR owners is Dyxum.com. If you click on a given lens model, you'll see lens specifications, as well as links to user reviews and sample images when any have been posted there.

Fixed Focal Length Lenses (primes)

Macro Lenses

Zoom Lenses
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:39 AM   #3

Oh, good idea. I can't believe I forgot about that. And now I realize how broad my question was. Sorry.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:50 PM   #4

Minolta lenses are well made even they are old. You can pick up good used one from Ebay at good prices. I bought a Minolta 28-85mm F3.5/4.5 and have not taken it off my A200 since I got it. I had successfully bidded for a 50mm F1.7 for $80 last night. It seems like the Beercan type (all metal) of Minolta lenses are better made than the newer Konica-Minolta line which switched over to plastic body and mount.

Last edited by WCKSer; Nov 20, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote