Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:44 AM   #11

I hope to get some surfing shots this xmas although I am worried about what the salt water in the air might do to the equipment. The resolution using the teleconverter is fairly average and the colours washout and the manual focus is very difficult. However what else can you do to get close to the action without spending a fortune.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
Its heaps better, which shows it was me not the lens since the software is only working with what the camera captured. ...
This statement is somewhat true. When you recover clipped highlights from a RAW file, you are indeed recovering what the camera recorded. However, when it comes to color saturation, this is not the case. Most photo editors have the ability to artificially improve contrast and increase color saturation. It does not mean the colors were captured very saturated. One can easily enhance the colors of a sunrise/sunset or darken the blue of a sky by making some simple adjustments. It does not mean the colors were all there to begin with.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 8:37 PM   #13

Hmm

Can't work out how to upload files from iPad. Just wanted to show a family portrait at Xmas. 18 people and more or less all in focus even though I was only about 1.5 meters from the foreground subject.

It's a good camera for my purposes.

Tried to post a link from flickr but this was rejected as invalid by the uploaded? Any thoughts?

Last edited by ozboy; Dec 25, 2010 at 8:40 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 4:42 PM   #14

http://flic.kr/p/94sJbw is a flickr link. Tried to post this link into the upload from URL link but I get an invalid file?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 5:51 AM   #15

Ran into first gotcha with this camera today. No rear sync curtain with wireless flash. In fact once it's in wireless flash, flash compensation is the only adjustment available.

Been reading this flash book by some guy McNally and it gives you ideas.