Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:22 PM   #1

Default Maxxum 7D Shutter Problem - Help Please!!

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and need some help regarding our Minolta Maxxum 7D. We began having a problem with the original CF card and then discovered the shutter would not open any longer. We have purchased a new CF card from Wally World installed it, run through every menu option we can find, reset to factory settings, but the shutter will still not function.

Please help us figure out what to do. We NEVER had a problem with the camera until the original CF card went bad.

Thanks,
Michael D
BuddyRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:40 PM   #2
Administrator

Hey Michael.

Welcome to Steve's.

Have you tried a different lens on the camera? Are you sure you're getting a good focus lock with a half press of the shutter button before pressing it the rest of the way down?

By default, the camera won't take a photo without a focus lock (although you can change that via a custom setting for Release Priority, I wouldn't advise it since it would fire without a good focus lock).

I'd remount your existing lens on it as a first step to make sure it's making a good connection. If you have another lens available, try it to rule out a lens issue versus camera issue.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:42 PM   #3
Administrator

P.S.

I've moved this thread down to our Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR Forum, where you're more likely to get useful responses for your camera model.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote