Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:24 PM   #1

Default My New SLT-a55

Hi Everyone

Just got me a Used/New Demo a55 from adorama. Looks new, so new the warranty was never filled out. Called Sony they filled the warranty in my name.

I'm waiting for all my Lens & extra battery's to come in, I got the camera charger and 1 battery. I just got a Minolta 30-70 f4 w/macro lens, I pick up a new kit lens DT 18-55 and the DT 55-200 at a steal. and a few others goodies. looking for Minolta 24 and a 50 prime will be next. Any pointers or things to look out for. I like to shoot video and I've read alot about the over heating problem. I've had a few camera's in the past have not posted that much but hope to do better, but i always drop in. thanks for all the great reading

Len
ATCLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:05 PM   #2

KEH.com and eBay.com are great sources of Minolta AF lenses, and you can occasionally find something worthwhile in the Used Departments at Adorama.com and B&HPhotoVideo.com.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:59 PM   #3

Thanks Len
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCLen View Post

Just got me a Used/New Demo a55 from adorama. Looks new, so new the warranty was never filled out. Called Sony they filled the warranty in my name.

Have fun with that! (and don't hesitate to email me directly if you ever need any after-sales support: [email protected])

Happy Holidays ♫♪

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:13 AM   #5

Here's a great site for some lens info
http://kurtmunger.com/index.html

I finally ended up getting the 35mm prime instead of the 50mm prime. I thought the 50 was keeping me further back from my shooting subject. I really like the 35 for low light shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCLen View Post
Hi Everyone

I'm waiting for all my Lens & extra battery's to come in, I got the camera charger and 1 battery. I just got a Minolta 30-70 f4 w/macro lens, I pick up a new kit lens DT 18-55 and the DT 55-200 at a steal. and a few others goodies. looking for Minolta 24 and a 50 prime will be next. Any pointers or things to look out for. I like to shoot video and I've read alot about the over heating problem. I've had a few camera's in the past have not posted that much but hope to do better, but i always drop in. thanks for all the great reading

Len

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:02 PM   #6

Thanks Helenster I got the unit from Meyer tell him thanks so much. I've done business with you all before and it was always great service. I will be buying more. thank you and hope you have a Merry Christmas or Happy Channukah. If I have any problems or need help I will email you thanks again.

Hi Clint501 I will check out the site. I'm thinking of getting the 20mm/24mm/35mm and the 50 primes. I'm looking at the Older Minolta lens. I bought a 35-70 macro off ebay and I'm in love. It take great shots. I also have the Sony 18-55 and the 70-200. I check Adorama,B&H,KEH, and Ebay every day looking.

Thanks for the support Len
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:32 AM   #7

Probably the best site for info on A-Mount lenses is http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:14 PM   #8

Hi TCav

Thanks already booked marked them. They helped me pic my 1st lens I always go back to them, look at the ratings

thanks Len