Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old May 12, 2015, 10:02 PM   #31

Oops -- correction. It does work!

My MacMini is connected to 2 monitors with the second monitor shared with a Windows desktop. When I tried Capture One Pro's Live View this morning, the second monitor was switched to my Windows desktop. Tonight I tried Capture One again on my Mac Mini this time switching the second monitor to show my Mac's display. The Live View window showed there on the second monitor!

So everything's well.

I would like to add if in case you haven't purchased the A77II, I like it a lot. It's really big on the hands so has that heavy-duty, professional (whatever that means) feel. I do HDR so its wide EV range -- from 3 shots spaced 0.3 EV apart per bracket up to an insane 5 shots spaced 3.0 EV apart per bracket for a total of 12 EV wide! -- is to me indispensable.

Below are samples taken with 5 shot brackets spaced 2 EV apart for a total span of 8 EV (-4 EV, -2 EV, 0, +2 EV, +4 EV = 8 EV wide), processed using Dynamic Photo HDR 6 and Topaz Labs:

(You might be wondering if I really need a span of 8 EV to generate the above HDR images. The answer is I probably didn't. At the time I took these photos, I thought that when I set the A77II to take brackets at 2 EV, the total span was 2 EV. I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out later it actually meant each shot was spaced 2EV apart.)
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 10:41 PM   #32

If you're interested in Live View tethering on an Android phone or tablet there's an even cheaper solution -- RCCDroid Pro:

http://rccdroidpro.glensk.com/2014/05/home.html

It works great. I just downloaded the latest version tonight. I can control the shutter speed, ISO, f-stop of my A77II complete with live view on my 10-inch Android Asus TF100T tablet. If I remember right I paid $5 for it.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote