Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:34 PM   #31
NHL

A full size CCD would not work for this camera! :idea:
The CCDs move ~1cm in the X-Y for the Anti-Shake displacing it outside the FOV of the lens...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:13 PM   #32
Administrator

pauza wrote:
Quote:
Some time ago I read on the web about a 35mm sensor for the D7D and the people being afraid about the price in this condition.
It was the single thing that have a magnetic impact on me apart the antishake... a full sized CCD... I don't recall very well or it was some postings about an atmel ccd chip that blurred my memory? Now everybody talk about APS and APS-C sized sensor which make more sense for the intended class.
Am I wrong about the old 35mm postings?
Lots of rumours. I think that full frame is just wishful thinking. The price would be prohibitive anyway (not to mention that it would most likely prohibit the use of anti-shake as NHL mentioned).

Konica-Minolta has always said thatit willuse a 6MP APS-C Size sensor. See the little info they are willing to share about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/yvwvw

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 4:05 AM   #33

I was just discussing the fullframe-antishake incompatibility some two weeks ago, that is why I was remembering something about it.
A crop and a preservation in ratio, after eliminating the "dark" area was our explanation of the 35mm sensor... We thought that a little downsized image of a 35mm CCD sensor would beat up any smaller sensor bumping in its cage even at its full resolution, referring to noise in general. And btw, if someone need a 1cm correction by the antishake it must have huge lens or urgent medical need :-)
And about the big lens I think it will not mater the antishake because the G center would be far beyond the effectiveness of it...
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:02 AM   #34
NHL

The 1cm displacement came from the 2nd page of the interview: http://www.steves-digicams.com/pdf/dynax7_interview.pdf

+/- 5mm then
... Come to think of it how will this work with a "digital" lens, if Minolta ever come out with one (or none)?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:05 PM   #35

I think my minolta digital slr ORIGINAL thread question on this post is being hi-jacked.

FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 12:13 AM   #36

What I want to know about the Digital Dynax/Maxxum 7.... is 6MP enough? I would have liked to have a higher pixel count. I know for the most part the lens plays a great deal in the quality of the pictures, but I was really hoping on an 8+MP camera.... especially after all this time. Pixels do count for something, especially when some pictures I take, I may print in poster size. and/or crop deeply into the picture. More pixels the better!
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 8:37 AM   #37
NHL

Still anyone guess : http://www.sdcard.be/Nederlands/stor...roduct=8979362

What's for sure is:
1. A larger rear LCD (no top LCD), may serve dual-function
2. 3 Memories Mode dial for quick access (beside P, Av, Tv, and M)
3. Direct dial also for Flash and Exposure compensation
4. Navigation paddle for AF points as well as f/2.8 or f/6.7 sensors (click on the links)
Old Sep 6, 2004, 10:24 AM   #38
Administrator

Lastest Rumour from someone claiming toto have seen the promotional material going to the printing presses now:

The MSRP has been set at $1,399 U.S. for the Body with a Kit Lens. He didn't say which lens would be included, or what the price would be for the Body only. I'll post an update if/when I find out.

I have no way to verify the validity of the claim.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 12:20 PM   #39
NHL

Remember Minolta is really good @ following up with quick model improvements to shore up their lead. Witness the 7/7i/7Hi -> A1 then A2 as well as their other camera series such as the Z's and X's, within months of one another...

A "7" is always followed by a "9" based on past history! :idea:
Old Sep 12, 2004, 9:14 PM   #40

For this body size, full size won't work. They would almost have to use a body about the size of a medium to be able to have anti-shake included. There is one camera out with full size sensor but my understanding is that there is a huge image integraty issue. To much corruption. May if Kodak and Minolta teamed up for one project.......... we might get 13 mp's and still have a camera that didn't need a power generator for non-studio work. I will say Kodak's image quality is by far the best if they could just get the rest of the camera right.
FotoXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote