Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:48 PM   #41
NHL

Clik below to see how much this AS move:
http://www.photim.net/Arrive/D7.htm
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 10:19 PM   #42

Well, it's October, has anyone heard any news, I mean any news from Minolta on their digital SLR?

I can't believe it's taking this long.

I am starting to believe it is being delayed because they encountered problems they can't overcome. That's a re-assuring thought when they ask you to plunk down over a thousand bucks!
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:23 PM   #43

FaithfulPastor wrote:
Quote:
Well, it's October, has anyone heard any news, I mean any news from Minolta on their digital SLR?

I am starting to believe it is being delayed because they encountered problems they can't overcome. That's a re-assuring thought when they ask you to plunk down over a thousand bucks!
My thoughts exactly. You would think that KM would at least inform us of the release date and price. We have waited so long, how much longer are they gonna let us twist in the wind?
JeffV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 12:22 PM   #44
Administrator

FaithfulPastor wrote:
Quote:

Nah... Konica-Minolta has always said that it would not be available until this Fall.

The product was officially launched via a press release on the September 15th:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/mi...004_7d_pr.html

You can also find a lot of samples with beta firmware (mostly v0.10) floating around the net (Japanese web sites showing photos from it, users that appear to have fully functional pre-release cameras, etc.). So, it's definitely real.

Heck, as far back as August, a reputableposteron a forum inGermanyreported using the camera (but he would not give out details, because he was under a Non-Disclosure Agreement at that time).

BTW, the photos that were apparently "leaked" by a user back in August of the camera, match up to the camera that Konica-Minolta is showing atPhotokina, and in their press release from2 weeks ago(and they have a working camera at this weeks show in Germany).

KM now has firmware version 1.0 samples on their web sites (a good sign that they are probably satisified with it for production). Although, I wish they would post some more, and hurry up and deliverthe camera to reviewers and dealers. ;-)

I am impressed with the samples they've posted so far with 1.0 firmware (check out the colors in the image on the right).

http://konicaminolta.com/products/co...mpleimage.html

Dealers in some countries have started accepting pre-orders (although I doubt it will be "on the shelves" until next month).

Pricing so far on sites taking pre-ordersoutside of the U.S. appears to be about the same as the EOS-20D (but I'm sure thatprices will "firm up" some as we get closer to delivery).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 1:54 PM   #45
NHL

Check over that UK site - there's some impressive photos both at high ISO and slow shutter speed (3200 @ 1/6s)
Old Oct 8, 2004, 4:07 PM   #46
Administrator

Latest Rumour:

Here is a quote from a pro photographer in Texas:

"I just spoke with my K-M rep who hopes to have an exact price this coming Monday or Tuesday and said K-M plans to be shipping before the end of the month and he expects that I will have my camera before the end of the month."

I have no way to validate this claim (and most dealers taking preorders outside of the U.S. are telling customers November).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:38 AM   #47
NHL

The D7D manual is now on-line: http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...Detail=Manuals

* the Anti-shake scale to the left of the viewfinder is pretty nifty!

Note: the wireless flashes can still be controlled from the camera built-in strobe
... It can also be set to different level to trigger studio-slaves
Old Oct 20, 2004, 3:01 PM   #48

I'm looking forward to this camera too. The only issue I really am curious about is noise at higher ISO's. If the 7D shows up with similar noise to that of a D70 & not the 20D, I will be very disappointed.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 4:03 PM   #49
NHL

Kalypso

Check the 8th picture in this series: http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/?gal...lta7d_preview/

... Can you see the noise at ISO-3200 handheld @ 1/6s?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 5:09 PM   #50

Cool...thanks for the link. Looks like they got the it right the first time!