Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:29 PM   #11

:roll:
I find myself feeling a bit sheepish after my initial posting. Even before I read the response...and after my posting, I found the review on lumenous-landscape. This is the first subjective accounting of actual image quality I have seen. I'll admit that many of my "observations" in my previous posting were unfounded and rather inacurate.

In truth, most of what I said in my post could be considered worthless. I only hope now that we can see more discussion about subjective and objective image quality rather than just talk about the features and pricing and I do, of course, understand that hands-on reviews are very limited.

If all that was said in the lumenous-landscape review is acurate, i will be very happy, indeed, as my loyalty to Minolta can go unchallenged.
lumenars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:48 PM   #12

lumenars wrote:
Quote:
:roll:
I find myself feeling a bit sheepish after my initial posting.
Don't worry...Jim has that effect on a lot of us ;-)
Old Nov 3, 2004, 4:27 PM   #13
NHL

It also goes without saying that all you need to do is to buy one EF 'L' lens with IS and the difference will pay for the Minolta body...

-> Every lenses mounted on the D7D will then be "stabilized", even the occasional wide angles that no none has perfected yet with IS for hand-held low-light photography :?

We just have to convince ourself 6Mp is OK, but then again that huge rear LCD is to kill for! :-):-):-)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 10:45 AM   #14

I have a question/observation that seems relevant to image quality discussions:

I have noticed that grain/noise seems more apparent in image smaples when viewing on a LCD display with DVI connectors than with a SVGA CRT.

Obviously, we are all viewing on different hardware...perhaps this is coloring our opinions. Any ideas about this?
lumenars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:07 AM   #15
NHL

In general CRT will be better for critical image examination (ie more colour depht):
http://www.vartechsystems.com/pressr...comparison.htm

Actually a print is the best judgement, noise is perceived as detail in print, and without it look kind of plasticky.
(and why there's an 'add-noise' function in Photoshop)! :idea:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 1:36 PM   #16

NHL wrote:
Quote:
(and why there's an 'add-noise' function in Photoshop)! :idea:

I thought it was just in case you wanted to bring in the noise, bring in the funk
golovemd is offline   Reply With Quote