Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:27 PM   #1

My uncle is very interested in getting a Maxxum 7D (he has all Minolta lenses, and currently uses a Maxxum 7) and so I have been doing some price checking for him. I find it strange that almost ALL the places have the exact same price of $1599. So, as I was paging through the February Popular Photo magazine, I noticed it (the maxxum 7D)for sale for $1125 with lens, from Digital Liquidators! I then looked on the website and they had it for $995 body only!!
http://www.digitalliquidators.com/results.asp
So, I gave them a call and told them that I had seen it for $1125. The sales person immeadly told me "there all sold out" and promptly hung up on me! Back when I was going to get my A2, I called them and they told me that the price of $500 (or whatever it was) in my outdoor photographer magazine was a misprint, and the correct price was about $100 more.
Are these guys a scam?
Has anyone done buisness with them before?
Thanks,
max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:28 AM   #2
Administrator

Total scam. The KM 7D is really hot right now and no reputable dealer is going to be selling a U.S. warrantied kit for less than $1450-1499. The scammers always advertise whatever is hot at rediculously low pricesjust to s u c kyou in. It is especially bad on eBay in the Digital SLR section!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:21 AM   #3
Administrator

Read the customer feedback for this vendor:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2375.html

Watch out for the Brooklyn based scam artists when shopping. If a price looks too good to be true, it is.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:04 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you! :lol:
I thought it must be a scam. . .but I wasn't totally sure:lol:
I guess I will just wait for the 7D to drop a little in price before I do much more price searching :G.
Thanks again,
Max
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote