Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:49 PM   #11

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like a nice to havefeature, but I justrotate it on the camera after I take itand downloaditto my PC. When I forget, I just usesoftware and rotate it later.

As I can take 5 - 6 hundred shots at a time, the in camera rotation is even slower than using ACDSEE at home.
Hexfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 10:18 PM   #12

I do a lot of programming in Visual Basic and Visual C++. I wonder what language the firmware is written in? Would it be feasible to write our own, if we knew enough about the language? First thing I'd do is make the stupid icons (camera, wrench, cog, playback) more intuitive, or maybe re-structure the whole thing!

Of course, if I really get disgusted enough to bounce test the cam on a tile floor, as I was so tempted last week, then it won't matter any more, will it. Repair for a stupid malfunction will cost $281, which at this time I really cannot afford.
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 2:20 PM   #13

Hexfyre wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like a nice to havefeature, but I justrotate it on the camera after I take itand downloaditto my PC. When I forget, I just usesoftware and rotate it later.

As I can take 5 - 6 hundred shots at a time, the in camera rotation is even slower than using ACDSEE at home.
I know I am responding to anold post, but the software I used at home auto rotated the images for some reason last week so my software must be reading the information that was encoded in the image that is normally reconized by the camera.The picture while loaded starts to load sidways and then automatically rotates when it is finally loaded. I think I using Paint Shop Pro version 10.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 2:22 PM   #14

jimjomac wrote:
Quote:
I do a lot of programming in Visual Basic and Visual C++. I wonder what language the firmware is written in? Would it be feasible to write our own, if we knew enough about the language? First thing I'd do is make the stupid icons (camera, wrench, cog, playback) more intuitive, or maybe re-structure the whole thing!

Of course, if I really get disgusted enough to bounce test the cam on a tile floor, as I was so tempted last week, then it won't matter any more, will it. Repair for a stupid malfunction will cost $281, which at this time I really cannot afford.
What exactly malfunctioned?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:52 PM   #15

The shooting mode control has 6 postitions. It's as if they got re-programmed, so that they no longer give you what they're supposed to. Three of the positions are in effect duplicates of the other three, so I can now select timer-2, timer-10, or bracket-single. Normal single and bracket-continuous can not be selected. I tried reset to defaults, removed battery for several hours, no joy.

We've been doing major remodeling on the house, and camera repairs just aren't in the budget.
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote