Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:46 AM   #1

My Max 7D is back at KM for repairs again. This is the second time I have had problems with the image not writing to the card and had to send it in for repairs. The first time the factory replaced two printed circuit boards and it seemed to work fine for a few weeks, although I didn't use it much. Last week images wouldn't write to the card but he screen had a different appearance than the first time. The factory tells me I'm the only customer experiencing the problem. I'm curious is anyone else has had similar problems. I'm a loyal Minolta customer but starting to be concerned.
pat oglesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:53 PM   #2

When I got my new Minolta home, I noticed it had a dead pixel on the 2.5in screen. Lucliky, I was able to exchange it with another. I love Minolta too, but also wonder about the write problems to the card. Mine was writting to the card slow when compared to my Rebel. But after the new firmware update, it is doing great. The camera body feel is solid, but I wonder if the electronics are. I hope so, I love this camera.

Ed
1958fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:25 PM   #3

Last week I overnighted my Max 7D to KM for repairs, for the same problem as a few weeks ago. They report replacing components that apparently were faulty. Seems to be working OK now. It was turned around in a week.I appreciate the quick response, just hope itfunctions properly.
pat oglesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 7:21 AM   #4

I was disapointed when I bought my 7D: sometimes the settings such as aperture/speed was changing automagically, images were rolling in playback, ... as if the invisible man was turning one of the setting wheels. It was very hard to get another one since when I returned to the store, the 7D was perfectly working :-(
After 3 weeks, I discovered the problem only occurs when I switched the vertical grip main switch to on. They immediately gave me a new grip and since that, I don't have any problem and really enjoy this great camera
rudymalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:13 PM   #5

Are you using a microdrive? I had a Canon Digital Rebel go Tango Uniform on me with a bad microdrive-three times. It would work if I removed the drive, fired up the camera and THEN inserted the drive, but the moment I shut it off and tried to re-start it, the camera wouldn't even turn on. Finally gave up and went to a Lexar 2GB CF 80X card and have had no problems with any camera I've used it in since.
macdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote