Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:20 PM   #1

I am presently trying to decide between the Minolta 7D and the Nikon D70. I really like the bigger LCD on the 7D and the AS system built into the body.

However, reading reviews I came across the following conclusion on Imaging-Resource: "In our testing, the 7D's body-based anti-shake system worked very well, delivering a good two f-stops of improvement in maximum usable exposure times, at least out to the 135mm limit of our testing. (Its effectiveness does seem to decrease somewhat as you get to longer focal lengths.)."

Anyone else test this?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:21 AM   #2

agiaccio wrote:
Quote:
I am presently trying to decide between the Minolta 7D and the Nikon D70. I really like the bigger LCD on the 7D and the AS system built into the body.

However, reading reviews I came across the following conclusion on Imaging-Resource: "In our testing, the 7D's body-based anti-shake system worked very well, delivering a good two f-stops of improvement in maximum usable exposure times, at least out to the 135mm limit of our testing. (Its effectiveness does seem to decrease somewhat as you get to longer focal lengths.)." Anyone else test this?
As an aside...since you cross-posted this question, the other one has been deleted.

Did you try reading the reviews on the D7 on this site? The more information you have, the better your conclusion. I loved the D7 (& wrote a mini-review that is in Steves Review of the D7 camera conclusion page). It can't hurt to read everything on any camera you're considering.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:23 PM   #3
NHL

agiaccio wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else test this?
FYI - http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...nolta-7d.shtml
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote