Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:17 PM   #1

I have just received a new sigma 70-200 lens and it will not work with the 7D. It works fine on my older 35mm bodies but when connected to the 7D it makes a horrible noise for about 3 seconds then the camera turns off.

In order to get the camera working again I have to turn it off and on.

Other lens are fine. Local sigma guys says the lens probably needs to be re-chipped - has anybody has this issue??

Thanks

Polar
Polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:20 AM   #2

I have read about it, but as I am a new Minolta convert I don't yet have any Sigma lenses.

The Sigma lenses I have read about needing a rechipping have been older, used models. It seems kind of odd to hear about it in a new Sigma.
jcharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:18 PM   #3

I noticed there is another posting about the same lens but I am interested if it was the same problem. The Sigma service centre told me that lenses with a serial number prior to 3001001 will need rechipping to work with Maxxum/Dyanx 7 - they just weren't able to tell me what serial number range would have difficulty with the 7D.

I have sent the lens back to be replaced by the supplier but my concern is that the next one to arrive will have exactly the same problem...

P
Polar is offline   Reply With Quote