Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:41 PM   #1
Rui

I was just wondering how teh results were, and if it still yeilded quality results with most lenses.

I'm thinking about picking one up to use with my 100mm 2.8 macro - any imput is welcome and apreciated.

thanks
Rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2005, 4:56 PM   #2

Haven't sued them, but have been considering one myself. But all I read about them is pretty negative. A substantial loss of quality, a couple of stops lost as far as light goes, etc.. My desire for one is to get photos of far off mountain goats up in the Rockies in Canada. Even with my 300mm, last time I was up there, you could only see specks of white. Abit of loss of quality might be worth it if I can get a close up of one of them. Still, I have not bought one yet, and may not. With the 1.5 multiplier, what was 300mm on my film SLR is now 450 on my MAxxum 7D and that may be enough. Stil, it is tempting to try one of the teleconverters.
Jacqueaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:10 PM   #3
Rui

Well the Tamron 2X 7-element BBAR version is 'supposed' to be a high quality version, and apparently sharpness doesn't get really get comprimised all that much.

I wish someone on the board had one and could comment on pic quality (maybe even post a couple)?
Rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 4:15 PM   #4

You might post on the Canon and Nikon boards and ask them. Most lenses made for the KM are also made for those cameras. If you get any response, come back here and tell us. You've got ME interested in one now!
Jacqueaux is offline   Reply With Quote