Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:54 PM   #1

About a week after I got the camera, and a couple hundred pictures of use, the KM 28-100 lens suddenly seems to be jammed. I'd guess that something inside wasn't properly secured, and now it's come loose and jams. The zoom ring moves freely only for about half it's range, then there's a strong resistance to further adjustment. Worse, the auto focus doesn't work any more; it makes a tiny noise and seems to make a feeble attempt at focusing. And in mf mode, the focusing ring will not move. I guarantee it hasn't been dropped or mistreated. Something that expensive, I tend to treat with care!

Happened on vacation, no opportunity to call B&H or KM for instructions. Just back home this evening, plan to call them tomorrow first thing. I'm hoping they'll send me a new one immediately, since I have a wedding to shoot on July 9th!
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:11 PM   #2

No replies must mean no one else had their lens jam - that's good news! B&H is sending me a new lens, and will refund when I send the defective one.

jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 4:50 PM   #3

unfortuneately the 28-100 'kit' lens is a piece of crap

good luck with the $99 (new) 3.8x zoom

you can purchase a razor sharp 50mm f1.7 (75mm f1.7 equivalent) for about $75 new

or, if you are very lucky, a 35-70 f3.5 macro used for $50

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote