Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:14 PM   #1

For wedding photography, I thought it would be easy to connect to a pc and review photos as you take them. Like, allow the customer to see the shot as pro studios do. But when you connect the USB cable, the camera pretty much shuts down! So you'd have to connect & disconnect the cable for each shot, which is not practical. I don't suppose anyone's aware of a work-around?

I could also use video out, if I had a small color TV (the 60" in the living room might be a bit awkward to take to the wedding!). Has anyone tried either approach?
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:40 AM   #2

You need to download the Dimage Transfer program. Here is the blurb from their website:

The DiMAGE Transfer is dedicated software for the Konica Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 7D. With the combination of the DiMAGE Transfer and the Dynax/Maxxum 7D, it is available to transfer and save images directly to a PC's hard disk drive via USB cable. The DiMAGE Transfer allows you to review your images on the PC's monitor in full screen as you shoot. Coordination with the DiMAGE Master will enable you to sort images in parallel with shooting, as the thumbnail images on the PC's monitor are revised sequentially as you shoot.

This link is for Windows XP users, otherwise go to KonicaMinolta.com and find the download center:

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...oftwareResults
chamill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:45 AM   #3

Oh, yeah...there is also a setting on the camera that needs to be changed to something like "remote storage"...but that should be in the user guide you can download with the software.
chamill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:51 PM   #4

Thanks, I'll try it out!
jimjomac is offline   Reply With Quote