Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:25 PM   #1
Administrator

Three different sources have confirmed that some HK dealers have this camera (Dynax 5D) now. One person even proved it with pictures of the 5D boxes. ;-)

So, the rest of the world shouldn't be too far behind. The Maxxum/Dynax 5D should be coming soon to a store near you.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:33 PM   #2

JimC. Do you think the 5D image quality will be the same as the 7D? Maybe they will decrease NR in favor of more detail at higher ISO. I wonder if the first batch will face BF problems like the 7D? Will you be able to handle one of the first arrivals? Let us know. Thanks.
Coolmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:26 PM   #3
Administrator

Coolmax wrote:
Quote:
JimC. Do you think the 5D image quality will be the same as the 7D?
Yes, based on images I've seen, they will lookidentical (given the same settings, lenses, subjects, and conditions).

Quote:
I wonder if the first batch will face BF problems like the 7D?
LOL -- I don't have a crystal ball here. But, I can imagine that any problems will cost KM a lot of money (from both labour/shipping to fix them, and lost sales from poor customer perception). So, they are going to do their best to minimize them.

In any event, the Backfocus problem with the 7D is pretty easy to fix (3 screws control AF sensor alignment, which appears to be the issue), and most 7D owners in the U.S. have been very impressed with the turnaround time from KM.

Quote:
Will you be able to handle one of the first arrivals?

Probably not (unless one of the local camera stores here gets them in first). ;-) I do plan on taking a look at one as soon as I can.I'm leaning towards buying a KM DSLR myself right now (but, I have not made afirm decision yet). If I do go KM, it will probably be the 7D (mostly due to the larger buffer size). But, a smaller and lighter cameracan have it's advantages. So,I want to play with a 5D before deciding.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote