Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Aug 26, 2005, 7:41 PM   #1
Administrator

KM has confirmed via e-mail that shipments of the 5D have arrived in the U.S. and are going out to dealers now.

J&R has some 5D bodies in stock as of today (and some other dealers might have them now, too).

I'd look for it to start showing up in more stores next week.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:48 PM   #2

It's shipping now in the UK - got my 5D kit (with 18-70mm lens) yesterday - I'm over the moon with it so far - now to ebay for some lenses:-)
BartonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 1:14 PM   #3
Administrator

Yes, I knew it was shipping in the UK.

Hong Kong actually got them first for some odd reason (even before you could get one in Japan). Then, reports started coming in from Europe, and then Malaysia and elsewhere. Yesterday, J&R Music World in New York got some bodies in (and other dealers are probably getting them in, too).

I've seen that happen before with J&R (got select KM products first). They're a "brick and mortar" dealer (versus an internet only vendor). So, they may work out a special arrangement from time to time. Most dealers go through distributors (so the distributors have to get them before stock shows on dealer web sites).

I think everyone willprobably start showing stock next week. KM confirmed by e-mail that stock had started arriving and that theyand were gong out to dealers.

As for the used lens market, it had been pretty nice for Minolta lenses. I've bought a Minolta 28mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 100mm f/2 and 135mm f/2.8 used over the past couple of months at bargain prices (I plan on buying either the 5D or 7D soon).

That (bargain prices on used Minolta AF lenses)may soon change with a new crowd of5D owners, though. Konica-Minolta is going to be manufacturing 50,000 of these cameras per month initially (we'll have to wait and see how long that keeps up). ;-)

Congratulations on your new 5D!

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote