Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:57 PM   #1
Administrator

The Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Reviewhas been posted.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:03 AM   #2

Good review, as usual.I was wondering if you've noticed the dust on the sensor, clearly visible in the pics of the surf boards and the red brick building (sky has a smudgy spot).Question: did you change lenses or did this spec of dust come from the factory?BTW, my Nikon D50 exhibited the same problem, just after 4 days of purchase!
Stekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 6:52 AM   #3

Hi Stekar!

Yesterday I'm a very proud owner of a Dynax 5D, I check if are any dust on the sensor...and found NONE!

I can't recall where I read, that when must change the lens, first step is to take away the battery of course after that the camera is powered OFF, and only after this simple first step change the lens, "Up-side downwards"...the lens mount of course, so a minimum dust/dirty will enter inside, as the sensor it's NOT powered by the battery...so NO dust will stick on.

Maybe I'm mad....but I only change lenses inside my home, after that the floor is wet cleaned.

If...I must go outside home, I take with me my lovely Fuji FinePix S9500...where all is fix from the factory, so don't needed to remove or change lenses.

Good Luck, I hope that I advice you well!

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:49 AM   #4

I read this review and the review of Nikon D50 so I'm very close to buy a new DSLR camera to change my Nikon 8700 model.

This is where I'm to choose:

KonicaMinolta 5D or Nikon D50 ???? :?

I'm just a little closer to KM 5D and I'm wondering is it a good chioce. Should I know something before it is too late.

I can buy Nikon D50 for 795 EUR and KonicaMinolta 5D for 850 EUR. Both of them are with lens.

The most I use camera for indoor shooting: portraits (in studio for example).

Thanks and

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:09 AM   #5

Dear ZAKD!

I acquired a Minolta 5D because I already own another Minolta film camera a Maxxum 9xi, together with 5 total lenses, so for enjoy my lenses I decided to for this lovely camera.

For you...my advice, will be ALSO this Dynax 5D Kit, as you will get better viewfinder, anti-shake incorporated and more zoom lenght that you obtain with the Nikon 50 kit.

The ONLY minus...is that the flash must be fitted with Minolta especially mount, so you MUST buy the new line of Minolta type "D" externally flash, or a Sigma compatible, for less money.

You decide!

Good luck with your selection!

Old Dec 20, 2005, 9:46 AM   #6

Thanks a lot for reply. I think that I'm about to buy a KM 5d but first must try to sell the one that I have.

Untill I sell my Nikon 8700 model is there a possibilities to buy a external flash to put on shoe of Nikon 8700 and that I can use for KonicaMinolta 5d or this is a different type of flash. If no, which is the most suitable flash for KM 5d with acceptable price.

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:55 PM   #7

Hello Zak!

Sell also the flash with Nikon hot shoe contacts, and go forward with the Minolta Dynax 5D together with a flash that fit Minolta's shoe...can be the original one (More expensive)...or a Sigma compatible one...(Cheaper), both will do the same when are fitted on ths camera shoe!

Good Luck...wrote us your results...please!

Have a nice & productive new 2006 year!

Old Dec 24, 2005, 8:09 AM   #8

Does it have the ability to use a PC cable for the flash?

RP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:09 AM   #9

Hi ZAKD!

Lamentably...Minolta select to be "Unique"...with an a singular flash shoe...and for their digitally line you MUST buy a type "D" flash.

BUT...BUT...,as I'm for more of 40 years photographer...I collect many flash units, 3 of them are old ones with "Central Contact" only...+ of course 3 settings for Automatic operation...you today can obtain from USA a NEW Sunpak 383...which use only "Centrally Contact" + 3 Auto settings,+ you MUST add the original adapter from very earlier Minolta film model bodies with the same hot shoe that your Nikon and ALL others brands cameras still using to the today in use "Unique" Minolta flash shoe...the adapter is named...FS-1100, which makes possible to connect any "Normally" (Nikon/Canon/Pentax/Fuji, etc...) type flash shoe to the "Unique" Minolta one.

The "Minus" issue...is that YOU CAN USE THE dYNAX 5D IN MANUAL setting..ONLY!!!!!!

You select to be safe 1/125 shutter speed, and move the "Auto" settings on the back of the Sunpak 383 to the "Yellow" colored mark...(Per example... with 200 ISO...will be aperture 5,6)..you MUST set on the large LCD on the back to 5.6...and you focus & fire the shutter...a nice & well exposed photo. Buy also a "Onmibounce" diffuser...to cover the 18 (27)mm wide angle that provide the kit lens...as the provide flash head covers only with NO add on diffusers till 35mm with film type cameras.

Of course...my dear ZAKD...you can buy also a used flash...that will do 100% exactly the same..that this today's made 383 Sunpak brand. I have 3 one Vivitar 3700 a Sunpak 444D, & a Metz 32-3...al 3 ones with as they named "Normal Shoe".

ZAKD...commence looking there in Yuguslavia for any "Normal Shoe" type flash, and if you want to buy a Nikon flash...you must sell it togerher with your Nikon camera as a set!

I hope that you comprehend my advice?

Be in touch!

Have a nice 2006 year!

Greetings,

Old Dec 24, 2005, 11:20 AM   #10
Administrator

RP33 wrote:
Quote:
Does it have the ability to use a PC cable for the flash?

The5D does not have a PC sync port. But, you can find adapters for this purpose.

Here is the Minolta adapter at B&H:

Konica Minolta PCT-100 Hot Shoe to PC Socket Flash Adapter

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote