Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:45 PM   #11

They were fantastic to deal with throughout my entire ordeal... and finally offered to refund all my money. I told the CS rep thatwhen all the current lenses become theused ones,I'll definitely do business with them again. I honestly believe the first Sigma lens just couldn't keep up with the technology of the DSLR, and the last one... the Minolta must have been damaged. Anyway, I was referred to KEH by some professionals on another website and they too said they really underrate their merchandise.

I did some sports shots for a while... actually when I had the second Sigma lens. Like I said, I actually got several good shots with that lens. There again, I noticed the focus problems while shooting smaller subjects at larger apertures and closer ranges. Here's afew of my sports shots I got with that lens. It's just young kids' softball.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v357/g...hebigcatch.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v357/g...ermination.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ereitcomes.jpg

gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:46 PM   #12
Administrator

stars wrote:
Quote:
Jim this little BS about charge Sigma lenses.I spoke with Sigma custom AND THEY SAID ITS free ONLY 10$ SID

Call to Sigma custom to NY and they Fixed lenses free

Stars.

I spoke with CHRIS in AR ,same price

and tech clear told me what free send to Sigma
I keep hearing different stories about it. I talked to Camera Japan about it just yesterday.

They were listed as a newAuthorized Service Center in a Press Release that Sigma has on their web site here:

http://www.sigma-photo.com/sigmaonli..._service.asp#2

Since I'm in Georgia, I thought "neat", and decided to call and ask them about it. I figured that it would be easier dealing with them if I wanted to consider a used Sigma lens (since I knew that older ones may need rechipping).

So, I wanted to find out how much trouble it would be to get it done. They told me $25.00 - 45.00 per lens, and it would take 7 to 10 days.

I wonder if that's because they are an authorized service center (and not actually Sigma).

Are you sure they meant free for lenses outside of warranty?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 9:07 PM   #13

I'm not sure why two of those sports pics in those last links I posted won't enlarge when I maximize... they usually do. Oh well... maybe you can still see them. I guess I'll always wonder if that was actually a properly working lens, and the error was just with my settings. I'm sure I won't be dissappointed in my 85mm, f/1.4 replacement though.:-)
gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 9:11 PM   #14
Administrator

Yep..

I was going to let you know that (I'm trying to type in about 3 screens at the same time right now), and I don't have enough hands. ;-)

But, yes, nice shots, and KEH is a very good vendor. I used to live in the Atlanta area (KEH is there), but we moved to Savannah last year.

Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:20 PM   #15

Hello Jim Just what exactly was with me
1 Call Sigma receive full instraction
@.recomendation to call CRIS Arizona.
Receive same nice call back.
3.sent lenses to sigma NY with 10$ SID
10 day lenses back
www.sigmaphoto.com
custom support
stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:29 PM   #16
Administrator

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind when lens shopping. Even it it was $45.00, it might still be a good deal buying an older one that needs rechipping (you see some pretty good bargains around from time to time on lenses that don't rate too badly).