Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:41 PM   #1

Anyone out there use the 5600 HS (D) with the maxxum 7D? If yes, please tell me if you get a Auto On indication (on the flash)when you select the Full Auto program mode on the camera? I'm a bit confused about the flash being in Full Auto mode (camera Full Program mode) versus the fill flash mode when the camera is in the P program mode. Have I confused everyone? Hope someone understands my question.:?
Jerry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:00 PM   #2
Administrator

I don't have a 7D or a 5600HS (D). But, it's my understanding that if the camera is in P mode, you don't get the Auto On indication on the 5600HS (D), like you do using it with a KM Film model (I've seen comments on that before).

We've moved this thread down to ourKonica Minolta DSLR Forum where some 7D owners with this flashmay be able to answer your questions.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:13 PM   #3

Thanks Jim,

Seems a shame that as long as the Maxuum 7D has been on the market, KM hasn't put out an update to the 5600HS (D) book with specifics for the 7D use. I emailed the KM support folks asking if they could provide any info. Got an acknowledgement of my email anda message they'd get back to me. But after two weeks I wonder...

Jerry
Old Oct 29, 2005, 8:57 PM   #4

hello, page 118 of my manual states 2500d,3600hs d,5600hs d,1200 macro ring with controller, and 2400 with controller are fully compatible . the 5400hs,5400xi,5200i are good only for manual flash. the 4000af with a fs 1100 adaptor can be used in manual mode.

High speed sync (upto 1/4000th) is with 3600hs d and 5600 hs d.

regards
bfedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 8:59 PM   #5

sorry, i missed the question....i don't have the answer.

regards
Old Nov 5, 2005, 5:04 PM   #6

hello, i just got my 5600 hs d and in the camera p mode and the ttl flash mode the flash is sensing in the auto mode. Is there a specific combination of settings you want me to test?

regards
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:00 PM   #7

Sorry about the delay, I tried to post a reply last week...had it finished and lost it before it was posted.

I guess my gripe is about KM not having at least an downloadable update to the 5600 HS (D) manual that discusses the KM 7D (or 5D) I found a book by Peter K Burian that has a very good discussion of the High Speed Flash sync and how to use it. In a nutshell, he says to set the flash to HSS mode and select the shutter priority mode on the camera. You can then adjust the camera shutter speed ( use the rear dial wheel) and take the picture. I tried it on a fan. Took shots at various shutter speeds up to 1/800 and sure enough froze the fan blades. Yes the fan was running.

My original question was if anyone knew if the 5600 flash was supposed to show auto and on when the camera was in the auto P mode...the green P..., mine does not. But I now don't think it makes a bit of difference as long as the picture comes out correctly illuminated.

By the way another excellent 7D resource is Gary Friedman's ebook. Can be downloaded for about $17 and it's great. Explains everything the KM 7D manual doesn't. I never saw a more poorly written users manual. Reads like a computer wrote it.