Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 22, 2005, 3:25 PM   #1

Hello,
I have had my 7D now for about 3 months and it is a great camera. Having lots of fun with it and it takes great shots. Recently I've lost my LCD cover (Minolta part #MPP-100) and I can't find anyone that has a replacement cover. If anyone can help me find a replacement it would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to scratch or damage the screen.
Thanks
Shawn
smakinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:59 PM   #2

B & H Photo (first class vendor, order with confidence)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&image.y=6
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:41 PM   #3

I have already checked B&H. But they haven't had the item in stock for ever.
But thanks for the help.
Shawn
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:45 AM   #4

try: http://shop.konicaminolta.us/shopkm-...dlist=99060301
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:04 AM   #5

Thanks for your help,
In fact, this is the option I finally went with. I found an authorized KM repair shop in my area. They are currently trying to get the part in for me.
Thanks Again,
Shawn
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:35 PM   #6

Shawn,I had a similiar experience soon after I purchased my 7D. I'd been out in the field, shooting flowers & bugs for an afternoon when I realized that the LCD screen shield had popped off, landing somewhere in the weeds without a sound.¬* Like you, I did a quick web search, and found no replacements available.¬*Gary Friedman (author of a very fine book on the 7D/5D, by the way) suggested that I use one of the self-adhesive, protective sheets that are manufactured for the purpose of protecting the screen on a PDA. You just cut it to size and stick it on.¬* ¬*While it doesn't provide the impact resistance of the original shield, it wil protect against scratches and is easier to see though than the rigid shield. It's guaranteed not to pop off!¬*I've had it on for several months, with no problem. I imagine that I might replace it at some point, which means that I'll cut another sheet down to size.With best wishes,¬*Rod
Rod Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:53 PM   #7

Hey, thanks alot Rod. I guess I am going to have to use your idea. Just one question about that...does the adhesive on the protective film leave any residue on the LCD? and is it easy to remove once applied? If so, I'm going to get some tomorrow. I've been looking everywhere and there does not seem to be a source for the original part. If I come across one though, I'll be sure to let you know.
Thanks again,
Shawn
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:21 PM   #8

Shawn,According to Gary, the sheets don't leave goop on the screen. I've had no trouble in that regard, but I've only had the sheet on my screen since July. If you are careful when you do your cutting (to get a good fit), I'd guess that the only place where you might see some goop remaining on the screen after removing the protective sheet would be on the edge, where the adhesive might have a chance to dry out. In the center of the screen, I'd expect the goop to stay attached to the sheet. But, then, I don't own a PDA.I think that the sheets are made of Mylar, which is pretty tough stuff.Nice thing is that you can put the rest of the sheets in your camera bag, ready for use. I'd probably¬* rough cut them on a paper cutter or mat cutter, and then carry a pair of sissors to do te final adjustment.Good luck.-Rod
Rod Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote