Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:57 PM   #1

Just picked up a new Maxxum 7D. I'm encountering the following 2 problems:

1) When I turn on the camera it makes this strange clicking sound for a few seconds.

Is it normal for the camera to make any noise on bootup?

2) The shutter doesn't want to release. Have yet to take a picture.

Tried removing/inserting the battery, updating the f/w tried other lenses. No luck.

Has anyone experienced these problems? I guess I'm sending this new camera in for repairs already. Very disappointed.

NMB
nbrailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:43 AM   #2

My 7D makes a couple rather "pronounced" clicking sounds when I turn it on.

In my case, it's the lens. Sounds louder on the 50mm lens though. But it's never been a problem or something I thought was abnormal. When you say it won't take a picture, what exactly is the camera doing or not doing?

I know on mine...once in awhile, I'll press the shutter to take a pic, and it won't release and the camera locks up. I turn it off, turn it back on,format the memory card, and then it's fine. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the 6 months I have had mine, and it may be related to the fact that I sometimes use that memory card in another camera, not sure yet.
1958fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:14 AM   #3

After speaking with Minolta Tech. Support, I'm sending this new camera in for repairs.

Seems the clicking sound I hear when first turning it on is not normal. This could be related to why the shutter never releases when pressing it to take a picture.

nbrailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 1:20 AM   #4

Clicking sounds? The shutter not firing would be a good indication that the camera had a problem!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 8:24 PM   #5

hello, the camera runs the lens out to infinity when turned on; no other noise noted.What noise was present with the lens off the body?

regards
bfedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:00 AM   #6

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
Clicking sounds? The shutter not firing would be a good indication that the camera had a problem!
unless the AF is not able to capture the focus and the shutter is set to AF priority...?
photov is offline   Reply With Quote