Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:10 PM   #11

Go with the 5D. The Pentax has the lowest image quality of the cameras you mentioned.:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:38 PM   #12

Lowest image quality is subjective and quantitive- the Pentax ist DL uses the exact same CCD imager as the Nikon D100 which received favorable reviews everywhere although overshadowed by the EOS Rebel.It doesn't matter to me personally what camera someone buys as I get no compensation in any regard- but I try to pass on whatever information I think the beginner should know- and the Pentax istDL is a solid camera and is a better value than any EVF type camera.....it shoots RAWS and has a very good "Beginner" setup.Note: I've owned just about every DSLR produced to date- and find the Pentax an easy camera to use for those non-technical people who just want to shoot photos with higher quality than "Point & Shoot" type cameras.(I'm looking for a Contax N1 Digital camera- it's the 1 DSLR I can't seem to find- if anyone finds one for sale, I'd love to hear about it)
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:41 PM   #13

I stand by my statement.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:46 PM   #14

As do I.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:48 PM   #15

Here you say the Canon the is best, Why are you here? This the KM forum.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...377878#p377878
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:51 PM   #16

Because I own a 5D also.Why the aggression. The purpose of this forum is to gather and exchange information from other fellow users. The poster asked if the 5D was right for him as he doesn't know much about aperture, shutter priority etc and I recommended a Pentax istDL in his list of considerations and you feel some need to bash the camera.......weird!As for the reference to my previous post- in my opinion Canon DSLR's produce the highest image quality. The post you are referring to, the poster asked which he should get between 2 DSLR's of which one was the 20D- and that's an "opinion" question- so I answered honestly.I like the 5D allot- but the 20D produces cleaner looking images with less ISO noise and smoother gradations- it's just my personal observation that's backed up by the tons of pros and forums who've noticed the same.I'm not here to defend my opinions- I really hate threads where 1 forum member decides to bash another- I'm just here to read and gather opinions and data on digital cameras like everyone else.Long live Minolta and the poeple that use and enjoy them!
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:37 PM   #17

I didn't bash anyone. I made a statement and you responded to it with your own opinion. Get it straight.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:43 PM   #18

Whatever.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:18 PM   #19

play nice
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:25 PM   #20

well is true that canon photo quality is quite good butrebel xt is more expensive like 5d , d50 or ist DS so canon is not one of mychoice ...whithout making any publicity to Konica , KM 5d with kit lens and 75 - 300 mm lens are about 800$ a very good price compared t canon ( 900-1000$) with 18-55 mm kit lens ...i was looking to 5D because i think AS system will help me to take clear photos even if my hands will shake a little ...so i think my choice is KM 5D and I will buy it in february with 18-70 and 75-300 mm lenses ...I'm making a lot of mountaineering and trips amd I think the 75-300 mm lens will help me ...what do you think about this lens ?

xscuse my poor english!
comisarul is offline   Reply With Quote