Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:11 PM   #41

dafiryde wrote:
Quote:
i say we sue KM
Whilst America may be the land of the lunatic litagants even there you can only sue when you have suffered a loss! You still have your camera don't you? It still works doesn't it? What loss have you suffered?? Get Real!
BartonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Get Real!
Im going to sue you for mental anguish for your rude comment :blah:
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:37 PM   #43

speaking of firmware upgrades though, they are to the point where you dont have to worry anymore. On the motherboard side, almost any board made in the last 3 years can be flashed while still in windows, some are flashed online now and they all now have backup bios in case the new one doesnt take. its just another software upgrade now in terms of ease.

with camera upgrade to the firmware, I guess it depends if it adds something of value to you. If its better AF performance, why wouldnt you want it. it it adds support for a new memory card and you dont need it, dont get it. I wouldnt be afraid to do it though.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:21 PM   #44

I still see several pieces of hardware a month coming in with bad firmware flashes. Windows only makes the interface easier, it doesn't make the flash software better.

I too think Sony could make this a great thing. It could make this lens mount far more common and the lenses easier to find and perhaps less expensive.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 9:24 PM   #45

Whilst America may be the land of the lunatic litagants even there you can only sue when you have suffered a loss! You still have your camera don't you? It still works doesn't it? What loss have you suffered?? Get Real!

Well i am not from america

KM was well aware of this change over yet they still flodded the market with the D5 even offering a $50.00 rebate

what have i lost you ask,

not having a fair opportunity to going with cannon rebel,

in one year no waranty

no up grades for the D5

all km Lenses going obsolete

don't listen to sony taking over that line in reality they are going to push their line thats buisness
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:30 AM   #46

That's silly!

You suffered no loss! Your camera works well, doesn't it?

If you wanted the Canon you should have bought the Canon and not complain about it later. The 5D is an awesome camera and you got it for a great price so stop complaining.

Sony and K-M officials clearly stated that Sony will continue to provide lenses for the K-M DSLRs, so no worry there, mate-o. K-M lenses won't go absolete. Read the press releases more carefully.

What warranty do you want for your camera? 100 years? I mean, the usual warranty is 1 year as it is and the fact that K-M folds up the shop does not change a thing about that.

What upgrades do you want for your camera? It works great as it is!

So, shut up and be resonable! :G
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:42 AM   #47

Well said zygh - it would appear that some folk just want to be victims!!
BartonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote