Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:35 AM   #1

They already have a superior product with the in-body anti-shake technology (Canon forum members have stated they wish Canon would provide that technoloy).

Prediction #1-Sony will introducea DSLRsimilar to the KM7D with 10 MP or better resolution, Faster operation, etc. at a price point of $1000 and aggressively market it.

Prediction #2 - Sony will introduce a DSLR similar to KM5D with 8 MP resolution, Faster operation, etc at a price point of $500 and agressively market it.

Of the two scenarios I would say #2 is probably what they will choose to do.

They may do both.

John
jdrandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:43 AM   #2

Speculation. Sorry but wrong on both predictions.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 1:17 PM   #3

I like the speculation, but its not Sony's style. They are going to agressively market to the introductory DSLR market (i.e. the P&S people displaced by the crummy stuff for sale there). They will "dumb-down" the cameras, forego external controls and other things that photographers want, and pile on every sugestion that comes from the fresh college grads in the marketing department. Ugh, memory stick DSLR...

Lets hope they ditch thier current style and introduce a camera very much like the 5D (identical, preferably) as thier cornerstone SLR.

Lets not forget, they want money and dont care one bit about photography. Look at quotes from the execs of all these DSLR companies, the profits are in the low-end DSLR market. Sony is going to do exactly whatever they think will get them the most money from that piece of market, they will only cater to photographers as much as market studies show is neccasary.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 1:31 PM   #4

More speculation
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:14 PM   #5

Are you reading this thread for the latest press releases?

Jeez, what do you expect? Do you visit CNN.com for comic relief?
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:42 PM   #6

Nah, I just read some of your posts:lol:
Old Jan 26, 2006, 5:16 PM   #7

ha ha, he he, ho ho .................................they're coming to take us away, ha ha, he he, ho ho :angry:
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 6:10 PM   #8

My prediction is Sony will really do a bad job of the DSLR market and eventually give up.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:21 AM   #9

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
My prediction is Sony will really do a bad job of the DSLR market and eventually give up.
Only in your dreams. :G

I can only predict that there will be more predictions! :|
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:50 AM   #10

Can I play too?

I predict a 16 MP cam with hi-res full-time EVF, and all the great things we love about Minolta. Sensor dust issue will be obviated by a sealed body. Camera will be capable of exposure bracketing of +- 4 full stops, and be able to process a HDR image in-camera which will give more DR than human eye.

Canon and Nikon owners will immediately find every (imagined or not) flaw and 'prove' that Sony can't possibly build a decent camera. DPReview will revise their testing procedures to find some way in which the Canon 20D is superior.

I might even buy one, just to watch the expressions on some peoples' faces. (but only after the thing has been on the market at least two years, and if it can be run over by a truck with no damage)

The above is, of course, said with tongue planted firmly in cheek.:lol:

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote