Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:59 AM   #21

They are all over ebay, at least two auctions at any time, but they are going for around $150 now. I just ordered a 100-200/f4.5 for $60 (used, of course) to see if I like it. I'm wondering how long before there are enough minolta shooters to hoard all the 70-210/4 lenses? The 100-200 seems to get good reviews, but I havent heard from anyone that has both so I don't know how it stacks up.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:51 AM   #22

I just received the Tokina 24-200mm that Rambler had suggested and it is an AMAZING lens. It is somewhat heavy, but tack sharp even at 100% crop and a great walk around lens. I recommend it highly.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:16 PM   #23

My two cents to answer the original question:

Minolta 18-200. Sure, it's not the most dazzling optical kit on the planet, but it's a damned fine workhorse lens.

Steve
Steve Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 12:03 AM   #24

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
I just received the Tokina 24-200mm that Rambler had suggested and it is an AMAZING lens. It is somewhat heavy, but tack sharp even at 100% crop and a great walk around lens.
Yes, I've found the same thing. Seems a lot of people are put off by the size and weight of this lens, but its build and image quality are excellent. :G
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote