Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:22 PM   #11

slipe,

Thanks for the PS tips. I'm thinking in new ways about the use of PSE now.

Scott
Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:24 PM   #12

tmoreau wrote:
Quote:
You have to pay for Noise Ninja, the cheapest option is a standalone program but for $10 more it works as a plugin with PSE4. I use it with my 5D with great success, it does an outstanding job.
Thanks for letting me know this combo works well, that's what I was hoping to hear/read.

Scott
Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:36 PM   #13
Administrator

Magnum wrote:
Quote:
Jim, I'm sorry I started this thread on this forum instead of PhotoEditors or Plug-ins. I read at imaging-resource.com that the characteristics of noise varied depending on the camera, so I wondered if KM users found a program most suitable.
I think a lot of it is just the way a given camera model processes the images, too.

You often see differences in noise characteristics converting with different raw converters, even with the same image.

I haven't tried Eric's latest version of Bibble with Noise Ninja technology built in yet, and I don't have PSE 4.0 to see if Bibble can work OK as a plugin with it. It should work fine with PS 7 or higher versions according to comments from Eric. But, I don't know how it works as a plugin with PSE 4.0

You can use Bibble as a stand alone product though (you don't have to use it as a plugin with PS), and you can download trial versions of his Bible Lite and Bibble Pro Products to see if you like them or not.

I'd make sure to try Noiseware and Neat Image, too (in addition to Noise Ninja). Both have free stand alone versions you can use (Noiseware's Community Edition Version or Neat Image's demo/free version) that you can use to work on raw files you've already converted.

They also offer versions that can work as plugins.

I'd do the same thing for other raw converters, image editors and noise reduction tools (download trial versions and see how well you like them before buying one).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote