Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 8, 2006, 9:38 AM   #11

I've left the blue protector on too. However, check this out;

From; http://www.konicaminoltaphotoworld.c...pupshade5d/en/
Juzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:35 AM   #12

Ya, thats what we are talking about when refering to the Pop Up hoods.

Its too late for the blue tape, and wouldn't you rather have something clear so you can accuratly see your colors?

VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:01 PM   #13

I have the Delkin Pop-Up shade for my 5D - with the "Pro" version [the only one available for the 5D I'm aware of] the shade section is removeable, just leaving the screen protector:

It does mean that the eyepiece depth is increased quite a bit, though...

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:15 PM   #14
Administrator

IanMiddy wrote:
Quote:
I have the Delkin Pop-Up shade for my 5D - with the "Pro" version [the only one available for the 5D I'm aware of] the shade section is removeable, just leaving the screen protector:

I was wondering that quite a while back when we were discussing the Delkin products in this thread (see my second post wondering if you could remove everything except for the LCD protector portion or not).

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=84

Does it help with glare without the shade portion on it?

Quote:
It does mean that the eyepiece depth is increased quite a bit, though...
Not cool. Eye relief is bad enough without making it worse.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:12 AM   #15

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Does it help with glare without the shade portion on it?

Not cool. Eye relief is bad enough without making it worse.
Jim - have to admit that I've not used it much since I got it - have spent the last few weeks using the cam mainly indoors using an old manual-focus tele lens, so wanted good viewfinder use & "chimping" almost every shot - so it made more sense to leave the whole thing off...

...it does also add to the bulk of the cam - it won't sit comfortably in my camera bag with the thing attached. I'll aim to give it a good tryout over the next few weeks, but I suspect that the 'clear-film' approach for protection may be by far the more straightforward - I just decided to get one as no telling how long or easily they're likely to be to get hold of...

I'll post back when I've given it some 'real-world' use...

IDM
Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:15 AM   #16

I really don't like any of these LCD protectors. Clearly they worsen the ergonomics of the camera and they certainly are not good for people who wear eye glasses. The cost would have been minimal to add the 7D's LCD protection to the 5D. While it reduces the brilliance of the dispaly substantially, the display still can be used to check exposure and the info screen and that's all for which you normally use it.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:58 PM   #17

actually the blue tape is very clear, its perfect for light use, i think if you want something its gonna have to be somethin you make yourself, do you have to have the viewfinder extendermajig for that screen protector?
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 5:57 PM   #18

DorkUnderwater wrote:
Quote:
do you have to have the viewfinder extendermajig for that screen protector?
If you mean the Delkin shade, then yes - it replaces the existing viewfinder 'surround' plate and that's what holds it in place - it's actually loose at the base and relies on its viewfinder section to hold it against the body...

IDM
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:06 AM   #19

Hi Folks!

When I own the Dynax 5D I leave the blue color protector sticker there, now that I change the camera for the better (For my eyes...mainly!), 7D the same blue protector sticker still there + I added to the "Snap on protective screen" that came inside the 7D box, from the "Palm", of my son; one transparent sticker...which will protect again such "Protective Screen"...from further scratches.

I very heart fully recommned to do the same, with such "Palms" screen protective stickers. As there are transparent & good one!

OK...take a while, what ever here is what my son ordered for his newer Palm device + twin blisters of this brand of "Anti-Glare" protective stickers, which I stick on my 7D plastic screen protector...he study & ordered this brand...as it's the "BEST"...of all others!

Alex 007:|

Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:41 AM   #20

ok maybe thisll sound a bit far-fetched, but if you could somehow stick the protector to the camera, say velcro and then cut the viewfinder part off, maybe that would work, then again the protector might still interfere with the original viewfinder... just some mariner ingenuity, maybe you can find a protector from a same size screen and stick that, since i am pretty sure any other protector out there is thinner than the one for the 5D, i think the Oly e500 has a 2.5 screen. it really is stupid that there isnt a screen for the 5D when there isnt one for the 7D, oh well, im still stuck with my blue tape.
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote