Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:21 AM   #21

Hoodman also makes an LCD protector for the 5D. You can see it at the bottom of this web page:
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/flip_up.asp
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:06 AM   #22

Hi DorkUnderwater,

Sorry, as my native language is Not English, really I can't understand what you mean...?

The Dynax 5D is a "Cheap" body...my newer changed instead the today sold Dynax 5D body;7D is the "Pro" of the line...so they added such plastic "Protector"...as Nikon D-100/70/70s/DX2...what I mean is to add a "Palm Anti-Glare" type sticker protector...to reduce the "Glare"...on the 7D protector & secondly...to guard the protector against scratches...for so...I decided as you; to keep on the "Blue" sticker also on the LCD display + when I will get such "Palm" "Anti-glare" sticker protector to add on my received LCD protector, OK...will be a little "Blueish" color...so what...mainly I use the rear display to adjust the camera parameters!

I hope that I make myself clear & readable?

Alex 007:|

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:33 AM   #23

I just received this morning the pop-up hood from the KM online shop. I don't wear glasses so I'm not sure if it'll effect my nose as much but I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Juzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:30 AM   #24

Hi!

How much cost...this add on item?

Also inform us if don't disturb you, when you look trough the viewfinder!

Seems me that under a very strong "Sunshine" day...really help, as when it's open the cover cut the sky light...so it's possible to see better.

OK...we will wait to your sole "Test"!!!

Regards,

Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:19 AM   #25

Hello!

it cost €39 (plus shipping) from; http://www.konicaminoltaphotoworld.c...alaccshop.html

I got it mainly to protect the screen (especially when at dusty motor races!) as I can view the pictures later. I tend to turn the screen off to conserve battery power.

Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:23 AM   #26

I just bought one of these today: http://www.dicain.com/2002/shop/shop/list.php?ac_id=19&ai_id=54 from a shop here in Taiwan. You might be able to get them on ebay. If not I know some retailers here in Asia have them online. It seems to do the trick, and doesn't change the camera in any appreciable way.

Good luck,

Ryan

Edit: That link doesn't work. You have to go to dicain's website: http://www.dicain.com then click on the second option from the right on the top banner. You'll see a list of products, just click on the 5d.
ryanwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:55 AM   #27

Hello Juzzie!

It's a lot of money, if must be added postage from UK till Israel...No...No..., I will wait till can obtain here a "Palm Anti-Glare"...mat/lustrelessness transparent sticker so the plastic screen protector supplied with my newer Dynax 7D body will be "Near' that perfectly protected from scratches of my garments buttons.

As also...is truthful; that I never take this expensive digital body where exist any possibility of a dusty area/region.

Thank you so much for your noble action!

Cheers,

Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:22 AM   #28

I fitted the screen protector and although I'm yet to use it out and about, my comments are;

Using the eyepiece wasn't too bad. I don't feel it gets in the way of my eye (I'm a right eye user) or nose but I did feel about 15% of the right side of the viewer was blurred unless I pushed my eye right up against the viewer.

The right hand side of the protector is right up against the circular dial control so you have to be a bit more precise when using it. I don't really use the LCD to view the settings as the information in the eyepiece is sufficient but if someone was to rely on the LCD then you'd either have to remove the hood or not bother with one at all.

I'll have a better understanding once I've used it properly. Either it'll be OK or €39 down the drain!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:46 AM   #29

Shalom Juzzie!

Just confirm/affirmed that here exist those LCD display add on covers that you purchased, but NOT for KM cameras (Today scarcely here in Israel), the dealer import only for Canon & Nikons. Waiting till I will be able to obtain the "Palm Anti-Glare" mat transparent sticker...cheaper & ultra thin also.

Today I clean my CCD, (Don't understand how came one dust spot on it...???) as advice in the owner manual, check, try again &...now 100% sure is clean...TILL!!!.

Cheers,

Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:21 AM   #30

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Shalom Juzzie!

Just confirm/affirmed that here exist those LCD display add on covers that you purchased, but NOT for KM cameras (Today scarcely here in Israel), the dealer import only for Canon & Nikons. Waiting till I will be able to obtain the "Palm Anti-Glare" mat transparent sticker...cheaper & ultra thin also.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Alex, surely he couldinclude one to fit the 7D when he places his next order. His supplier won't care whant they fit.
Quote:

Today I clean my CCD, (Don't understand how came one dust spot on it...???) as advice in the owner manual, check, try again &...now 100% sure is clean...TILL!!!.

Cheers,

cope is offline   Reply With Quote