Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:34 AM   #31

Shalom Cope!

Really for, when I will be able to get the "Palm Anti-Glare" mat transparent sticker...satisfy/fulfill my prerequisite.

Much...much...cheaper way to guard the LCD supplied plastic protector that came with the KM 7D accessories.

Thank you for your advice/proposal, my dear Cope!

Cheers,

Alex 007 :|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:48 AM   #32

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Shalom Cope!

Really for, when I will be able to get the "Palm Anti-Glare" mat transparent sticker...satisfy/fulfill my prerequisite.

Much...much...cheaper way to guard the LCD supplied plastic protector that came with the KM 7D accessories.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"I got my 5D yesterday, and I too am reluctant to remove the blue cover. Too bad it isn't clear.:sad:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"My only concern with the Delkin cover is that it is thick, and I won't know until I try it whether it is too thick.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"
Quote:

Thank you for your advice/proposal, my dear Cope!

Cheers,

Alex 007 :|
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:07 AM   #33

Shalom my dear Cope!

Yes..pity that is not clear as you state...maybe their goal of KM was that you "MUST"!!! removed...whatever, Cope; leave it there...will guard the delicate LCD display from scratches! Yes in USA is Delkin shade...to the same add on that Juzzi acquired in UK.

In USA...go to any Adorama/Ritz store near where you live & try it...before buy.

My best wishes for you,

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Old Mar 30, 2006, 6:37 AM   #34

the blue cover is what i have and 99% of the time when shooting i have no problem in seeing it clearly, unless you siginificantly lowered the brightness of the LCD screen in the options menu. It's almost been a month having it on, but I doubt it is that thick or as effective as these "palm" screens.
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:48 AM   #35

Hello DorkUnderwater!

During last week I changed my Dynax 5D for a 7D body...holding the "Kit" lens...yesterday I sold the 5D with the blue sticker on.

What now I'm looking for the "Palm Anti-Glare" transparent sticker for the Plastic protector that came with my 7D body...leaving also on the LCD display, the same "Blue" sticker similarly that was provided with my sold 5D body. Yet the plastic "Snap On" LCD display is not fitted....only after that will be "Scratches up" protected with one "Palm Anti-Glare" transparently sticker.

Cheers,

Old Mar 30, 2006, 9:39 AM   #36

cut a piece of 1/32" polycarbonate plastic to size and attach with a touch of 'high tack' adhesive applied to the edges ONLY
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:30 PM   #37

I've been using the Delkin Pro shade on my 5D for about a month now...

...I think I got fed up with the shade inside the first week, removed that section, and it's not been back on since...

...but I've got used to the viewfinder "tunnel" and the plastic protector looks like it'll continue to do a good job, and the replacement LHS buttons all seem to be working reliably...

...so, as an LCD protector I think it's as good, if not better, than the 7D's clip-on - but as a sunshade I think it's more trouble than it's worth !

Wether it's worth the cost is another matter...

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:33 PM   #38

IanMiddy wrote:
Quote:
I've been using the Delkin Pro shade on my 5D for about a month now...

...I think I got fed up with the shade inside the first week, removed that section, and it's not been back on since...

...but I've got used to the viewfinder "tunnel" and the plastic protector looks like it'll continue to do a good job, and the replacement LHS buttons all seem to be working reliably...

...so, as an LCD protector I think it's as good, if not better, than the 7D's clip-on - but as a sunshade I think it's more trouble than it's worth !

Wether it's worth the cost is another matter...

IDM
Quote:
Quote:
Ian, With the sunshade removed, is the LCD protected from dust intrusion wher the shade hinged? (I have never seen one except on the web, and I am interested, and would probably take the hood off also.
Quote:
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 2:33 PM   #39

Hello Bernabeu!

No...it's not practical...I will get one sheet of those "Palm Anti-Glare" stickers...exactly the size of the plastic protector that was received with the 7D body! Thank you so much for your advice.

My solution!...was ordered for the newer Canon 30D, so I needed to cut it a little bit...& here my result ...fulfilled my demands!

Cheers,

Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2006, 3:01 PM   #40

cope wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ian, With the sunshade removed, is the LCD protected from dust intrusion wher the shade hinged? (I have never seen one except on the web, and I am interested, and would probably take the hood off also
The shade comes off as a complete, separate unit that attaches via 4 "catch" slots - as far as I can tell there's no path through these to the 'inside' of the protector - but note that the protector portion is held against the body only by its fitting around the viewfinder mount, so it's not airtight, but does fit snugly against the body...

...whilst I suppose rain/dust might be able to get behind the protector, it's probably have to be bad enough that it'd get in elsewhere on the body as well !

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote