Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:45 PM   #41

IanMiddy wrote:
Quote:
cope wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ian, With the sunshade removed, is the LCD protected from dust intrusion wher the shade hinged? (I have never seen one except on the web, and I am interested, and would probably take the hood off also
The shade comes off as a complete, separate unit that attaches via 4 "catch" slots - as far as I can tell there's no path through these to the 'inside' of the protector - but note that the protector portion is held against the body only by its fitting around the viewfinder mount, so it's not airtight, but does fit snugly against the body...

...whilst I suppose rain/dust might be able to get behind the protector, it's probably have to be bad enough that it'd get in elsewhere on the body as well !

IDM
Thanks for the information.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:31 AM   #42

Someone earlier mentioned a protective sheet as used for a Pocket PC.

I personally own a Pocket PC and acquired me a protective sheet form Brando Workshop because I was a little worried about scratching the screen. I ordered it through a PDA web-site in my home country, the Netherlands.

I've put it right on and never had any trouble with it. I've put it on for about 2,5 years ago and never had any trouble with it.

So now I've decided to buy me the same protective sheet. It's a bit tolarge so I've got to adjust it's size to match the screen of the 5D I've recently purchased. I'm convinced it will protect the camera screen effectively and I won't have to pay a lot of monay for it.

I have to pay7 Euro( about 10 dollar) including shipping.

You can buy it at allmost any PDA shop on the web.

jeka11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:57 AM   #43

Hi Jeka 11,

Why you tear apart the "Blue" protector sheet, that came with your camera from the factory?

I leave it on, as my main use is to adjust camera parameters, so...IF..., it's a little bit "Bluish" the rear LCD...doens't matter.

Last month I sold my Dynax 5D & brought the better one Dynax 7D, also I leave on the "Blue LCD" protector + my elderly son acquire for me from "Palm" their "Anti-Glare" sheets screen protectos stickers. Which are "Matt"...so I can see trough the received plastic LCD screen protector...bottom line..., now my rear LCD screen is protected 3 times..."Blue,+ the Plastic cover supplied & Palm Anti-Glare protector stick on the shine back plastic, for a superb all around protection...now I can look trough the rear LCD also outside...during a sunny day with almost NO problem.

Cheers,

Alex 007 :|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 8:38 AM   #44

leave the camera in it's original box..........it will never be damaged

oh, how i amuse myself !
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 2:27 PM   #45

Hi Bernabeu!

LOL....you are 100% right!

Now seriously/earnestly...I don't know how you like it...BUT...I "Hate"..*****atched up back LCD screen. For that I covered/treated it as well as possible.

BTW...Now with my newer 7D body I'm much happier...FEELS/PALPATES...ultimate!

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:26 AM   #46

Hi Alex 007

Well, I guess it all comes down to the same.

The blue protective sheet screamed for me to tear it off.:-)I'm convinced that we bothhave the same purpose/goal in mind: protection against scratches.

I toomainly use the screenfor information purposes only. The actual picture itself I 'judge' and process further on my laptop. As I have a fast 2 Gig compactflash card I cantruly enjoy the benefits of this camera like continuous drive and bracketing.

I am a true minolta 'believer' (ever since the XG-M) and hope to have a lot of fun with this new one, though I still have a dynax 500si at the side.

Jeka11

Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:55 AM   #47

Hi Jeka 11!

Yes I always own Minolta cameras, since I was 13 years old (Minolta Autocord a 6x6cm size 12 photos rollfilm TLR), 25 later my first 35mm Minolta SLR the SR-3 a year later SR-7, till I acquired my first "Autofocus" a Maxxum 7000, later changed by the Maxxum 8000i, and my last body change was the Maxxum 9xi, that is with me till today...sadly...today NO more in use, however...I decided to guard it...as my newer Dynax 7D fill all my requirement...making possible to use the same "Film" lenses collection.

No I mainly use 128 mb card...99.99% medium size; a standard quality...as also 99.99% I sent photo trough my Email account.

Be well always & enjoy your lovely 5D body!

Cheers,

Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:48 AM   #48

As I mentioned before I aqcuired me an adhesive screen protector for my 5D as I had good experience with it on my PDA.

This time it's an ultra clear screen protector, which I had to trim down because I had ordered - size wise - for my PDA (iPaq1915).

I couldn't believe my eyes; it's really a very clear and bright screen now. It even looks brighter than it did without the protector on it.

Cause I like it that much I immediately ordered a second one, just in case.

I hope the picture give you enough info to get one yourself. It only cost me 7 euro a piece.

Attached Images

Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:35 AM   #49

Hi Jeka 11!

What happens when you look at a sunny day? My son want to order instead those "New" "Palm" brand "Anti-Glare"...ones which cost in USA $:15.00 do not specific how many are inside the blister.

Send me the web of this "Brando" brand...for more information, or maybe to order from them...as during Sunny days I almost don't look trough the rear LCD screen...only for adjust my 7D body.

Thank you so much,

Cheers,

Good News... My son just ordered for me & for his "Palm" device, after an a deep study...this "Anti-Glare" screen protector brand... "Clear Touch"; he thinks that is better that your "Brando" one.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...s-30d_1202.htm

You can find somewhere a test of all the screen protectors brand...and his choice has "A"...your Bravo one only "B".

For so he selected this brand...he ordered for me the Canon D-30 as I need only the 2,5' rear protector (for be stick on my already in use supplied "Pastic" screen protector).
Old Apr 27, 2006, 4:54 AM   #50

Hi Alex 007

Well, on a sunny day like it is now you just have to keep it in the right angle towards you and then you can see te screen very clearly.

They have a webshop in HongKong as far as I can tell; follow this link:

http://shop.brando.com.hk/ultraclearscreenprotector.php

and you will get all the information you want.

The anti-glare product perhaps is better under sunny circumstances but I bet it isn't half as bright as the one I've got. I know you only use the screen to get information as shutterspeed, aperture whitebalance, histogram etc, so anti-glare will be sufficient though al little matte.

The ultra-clear I've got now enables me to judge the picture as well cause of it's brightness. You can compare it to theClearTouch Crystal from Boxwave (next link) look for the smaller pictures down left.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouchcrystal/cleartouch-crystal-screen-protector-canon-eos-30d_1202.htm

That's all.

Have a nice day!