Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:22 AM   #51

Dear Jeka 11!

Yes you are 100% right!!! I ONLY us the rear LCD as you wrote. for check the "Parameters" on my lovely Dynax 7D.

I think...that my choice it's the "Best" suitable for my needs!

As also inside...with the room lights ON, your selected one, will disturb you to look well your photos, so you need to turn around to guard with your body the suite light...a little bit "MATT"...it's extremely fine for me.

I will inform you, when will be obtained & adhere on the protective plastic that was supplied with the Dynax 7D body.

Best wishes to you!

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:55 AM   #52

Alex, I see they have one to fit my Sony DCR-HC36 miniDV camcorder too.

Is the Canon screen the correct size? In your opinion, is the material soft enough for a touch screen? (the Sony camcorder LCD is used as a touchscreen for menu navigation)

Finally, thanks for your link!

cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 9:59 AM   #53

Dear Cope!

Today my son ordered, pay with his "Paypal" way, I hope that will take week & half till will be received. I saw that it's "New" product, & check also that the rear LCD is the same 2.5' size, that the KM models 5D/7D cameras...I will receive also a more small-scale sticker for the "Top" body LCD (as all Canons/Nikons; etc...!); which in the case of KM models it's NOT utile...I will give/contribute to some guy that use a Canon or Nikon DSLR.

So...my dear Cope, only when I will stick on...you will be very well informed.

Please be patiently!

Cheers,

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:54 AM   #54

Alex, I appreciate it.
Old May 15, 2006, 3:05 AM   #55

I have lost the original protector for my Minolta 7D (don't ask how, I have no idea). Does anyone know where I can get another or a substitute brand that will fit?
Khun_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 4:56 AM   #56

Dear Cope!

OK...Now is adhered to my plastic supplied protector, was needed to be trim down a little bit...as you can noticed, how ever the final result makes me very happy...now I'm 1005 sure that the back on the plastic supplied screen protector will resist, any scraping...& of course during a Sunny day I see better trough it. Seems that for your camcorder will be OK? if it's 2'5"?.:?

My best wish,

Attached Images

Old May 15, 2006, 5:09 AM   #57

Dear Khun-Tilt!

Yes last week I read that at Adorama you can obtain for a mere $:9.00 each...+ post of course.:idea:

Good Luck!

Attached Images

Old May 15, 2006, 7:08 AM   #58

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Dear Cope!

OK...Now is adhered to my plastic supplied protector, was needed to be trim down a little bit...as you can noticed, how ever the final result makes me very happy...now I'm 1005 sure that the back on the plastic supplied screen protector will resist, any scraping...& of course during a Sunny day I see better trough it. Seems that for your camcorder will be OK? if it's 2'5"?.:?

My best wish,

Quote:
Alex, I like it! Unfortunately, it will not work on my Camcorder for a couple of reasons; first, it is a touch screen, and second, itswivels, and the plastic would prevent the LCD from closing completely. Is this model available from Adorama or a similar item? Thanks for the evaluation and pictures.

Old May 15, 2006, 7:28 AM   #59

Dear Cope!

I think that it's so "Thin"...that I can't figure that will disturb the "
pivoting"...of your camcorder screen.

Second extremely carefully trim a mm around...as you can see it at my second attached close up photo...so will NO intervene...with your swiveling screen...I hope!?

Must be ordered directly from "BoxWave.com"

Good Luck!

Old May 15, 2006, 8:11 AM   #60

Alex,

I didn't look closely enough. It is thin enough, and I see that they have one specifically made for my DCR-HC36 camcorder. I am going to order one for my 5D, and will evaluate it for the camcorder. Thanks.