Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:38 PM   #1
Yno

I just bought a Maxxum 5D. I have been using Photoshop Elements 3, and just discovered EXIF data. The camera came with DiMAGE Master Lite, which I have just started to look at. I have noticed that Elements does not show shutter speed in any of my pictures, whereas DiMAGE shows it in all of them. Is there any known reason for this?
Yno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 3:04 AM   #2

You may also try the free Raw Shooter Essentials. It has an awesome user interface, far better than Photoshop Elements. RSE is very fast and has excellent Exif support. It certainly shows the shutter speed. It also employs an excellent demosaicing algorithm and produces jpegs, which are only 1.3 MB large (in the average), but clearly better than the three times as large extra fine in camera jpegs. On the downside, it has very poor color adjustment functions. For instance, there is no auto contrast function. You can only rotate an image by 90,180 or 270 degrees, but there is no fine rotation. Its fill light function is also quite poor (about the same quality as that of my Photoshop Elements), but not comparable with the high D-Lighting function of Nikon Capture. If RSE would have Picasa's automatic color adjustment functions and Picasa's beautiful fine rotation it would be a superb program. However, it is certainly the best program for browsing raw images and it clearly produces better jpegs than the camera itself. You can also produce 16 bit Tiff files (they have each a size of 35 MB) and then process these with a more powerful image processing program.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:53 PM   #3

I have a Maxxum 5D and Photoshop Elements 4 doesdisplay the shutter speed.

I may need to install Elements 3 in an old notebook, if shutter data is available, I'll let you know.

Scott
Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 9:45 PM   #4
Yno

I have Elements 4 on order, but I won't get it for a couple of weeks. Let me know if your version 3 installlation fails to show the shutter speed. That would be an interesting test, as it would involve the same camera/card combination.
Yno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:29 PM   #5

I have a Minota 7D and a Canon Digital Rebel.

In "standard edit" mode with Elemnets 3.0, I can only view the shutter speed of the Canon.

In "photo browser" mode, I can view ALL info from both camera models.

Wierd.

Ed
1958fury is offline   Reply With Quote