Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 3, 2006, 2:32 AM   #1

Just bought Maxell's NP400 replacement battery on sale for 19.99 at Circuit City. They're out of stock online, but you can use the web site to find stores that still have them. If you're in the market for a spare, this is a pretty good deal for a reputable brand.
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:04 AM   #2

Not sure where you are from Blue but I am in the UK and for anyone who is interested Crown Digital do an energiser replacement for the NP-400 for £14.99.

The website is under development since their recent merger but you can call and order still.

Marcus.
overexpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:37 PM   #3

Hi again,

Right, I'm afraid I'm due a slapped wrist. I noramlly pride myself on finding the best deal for the best quality (even if this is sometimes perceived quality as opposed to actual quality).

My last post was a little hasty as I managed to find that 7day shop have NP-400 equivalent batteries for 6.99! I'm not sure that they are branded as the pic on the site could just be generic. But for those shooting on a shoe string this might be an option.

I went for the Uniross equivalent recently fro Battery Logic and after using 3 full cylces (charge - use) I find it gives almost exactly the same performance. It may well be equal but my test environment isn't controlled! Not enought time for that!

Anyway - glad I cleared that up!

Best,
Marcus
overexpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:19 PM   #4

Those Maxell NP-400 batteries are now just 10.99 at circuit city, if a store nearby has them. Just got 2 of them.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:56 PM   #5

Mercury694, thanks for the tip on the price drop! Circuit City has a 30 day price guarantee. They gave me a credit on the battery I recently bought and I picked up another one.
B1ue is offline   Reply With Quote