Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:26 AM   #11

yeah, i think itll work. the guy replied to me and said he knows a camera expert nearby him that said if the lens works with the 5xi camera, it should work with the 5D. now how credible that is? i dont know.

i dont know anything on the maxxum 5xi, though it sounds like its the same body style as the 5D?

but it at least makes me not think that when the auction said the lens work on all maxxum FILM cameras, that he didnt intend to just not mention the 5D. dammit i cant bear this waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DorkUnderwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:24 AM   #12

DorkUnderwater wrote:
Quote:
yeah, i think itll work. the guy replied to me and said he knows a camera expert nearby him that said if the lens works with the 5xi camera, it should work with the 5D. now how credible that is? i dont know.

i dont know anything on the maxxum 5xi, though it sounds like its the same body style as the 5D?

but it at least makes me not think that when the auction said the lens work on all maxxum FILM cameras, that he didnt intend to just not mention the 5D. dammit i cant bear this waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 5xi is of course a film MAxxum, and almost any vintage maxxum or clone will work with it. Seems that the 5D and 7D sort the men from the boys in the lens department, although my 1980s vintage Sigma 100-300 would not repeatedly work with myMaxxum 800Si for some reason, although the 1989 vintage Sigma zooms would.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:22 AM   #13

@DorkUnderwater:
While there is a slim chance, I really can't share your optimism. Look at the Ebay feedback of the seller of your lense. He sold quite a few Minolta lenses recently and he always stated already in the title that it works for the 5D and 7D. He seems to know Minolta lenses quite well and has probably checked the Sigma lense for 5D compatibility before the auction. He now pretends to be ignorant, but in reality he is a Minolta expert.

kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:14 AM   #14

Now I am curious. Let us know when you get it how it turns out. Let's see if Mr. Optimism from Germany turns out to be right or if the lens is indeed a sibling to my Sigma zoom which works perfectly on my 5D.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:27 PM   #15

@rduve:
Your first name "Rainer" sounds also quite german. Actually I have the same first name.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:55 PM   #16

I am German. Grew up in Kreis Stade, west of the Elbe River, less than an hour from Hamburg. Wo wohnen Sie?

Rainer

http://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries

Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:15 PM   #17

I know Stade a little and live in the Harz mountains. Originally I come from Nuremberg.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:23 PM   #18

Rainer, I love the Harz Mountains. I have relatives in Abbensen, Kreis Peine, not too far from there, and my sister lives in Hannover. I definitely want to go to the Harz Mountains when I go to visit my folks this year (my parents' Golden Anniversary is on July 21st). It'll make for a great photo shoot there. Very idyllic. Here is a nice shot I took in Stade when I was there in '04: http://euromaninla.zoto.com/img/orig...9235543ba6.jpg

Rainer

://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries/
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:50 PM   #19

I know Peine but I didn't knew Abbensen. I have now located it on my map. The world is really small. Your picture of Stade is very nice. It shows Stade like it wants to present itself to the world.
You may also look at our Minolta forum http://www.d7userforum.de which I joined since I aquired a Dynax 7D. It is very active. I use the same nick name there as in this forum.
Here is a picture of Sankt Andreasberg, where I live currently, shot a few days ago:
http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?...ICT0845_01.jpg
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:12 AM   #20

Very very nice. Unfortunately there won't be any snow when I get there, but the Harz Mountains are gorgeous in summer, too. I will check out your German Dynax forum, too.

Now, let's see how DorkUnderwater will do with his lens. My bet is on it going to work.

:-)