Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:56 AM   #1

Hello my 7D lovers/owners!

Today, for the first time I try "RAW"...pull out the PQ-128mb High Speed" CF card with only 4 photos made...load the card on my SanDisk "Multi Cards" card reader...instead as with all my earlier cameras, which open my "Picasa 2.1" photo organizer...open something "else...DCIF Folder" ...& the nothing...so; I quickly take away the card from the reader...try to "Format" the card in the Dynax 7D body... the rear display show me "System Error, with a RED line"...the camera refuse to go "OFF"...I pull out the battery (Was a little bit warm!?), move the switch to OFF...try again loading the battery (Less warm!), load the CF card...turn ON and again "System Error"...as previously...so I again take away the battery + CF card turn OFF the switch & yet I decided to charge the battery & wait one hour, so the whole items will be really cool. before check if the body will be OK with nothing showing on the rear display.

Any information of what happen or IF I do something wrong...will be very appreciated/gratifying.

Thank's in advance,

Alex 007:|

Folks! After more of one hour...100% sure the PQI brand 128mb it's defective. I check it with a new Kingston Elite Pro 512mb and this one work and can be formatted...the PGI not! Also the camera now work as intended. But...what really happen???? waiting for any input!.
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:58 PM   #2

There are several complaints of media that is not compatible over a fairly wide range of cameras. IMO, the lowering price of making these flash media has invited everyone and their brother to manufacturer media. Unfortunately there are a lot of those cheaper manufacturers that make media that's incompatible with quite a lot of cameras. I stick to Sandisk brand media to avoid such things, they are the standard.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:13 PM   #3

Hi Mercury!

What about Kingston...it's reliable as SanDisk? As will cost me 30% less...among the SanDisk Ultra 2 versus Kingston Elite Pro.

Thank you,

Alex 007 :|

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:07 PM   #4

I just read in the FAQ at Minolta and it said "
"Presently Sandisk and LEXAR cards have been fully tested.

http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/...D?mDetail=Faqs
AJ Gressette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:50 PM   #5

Kingston is a reputable brand, but I have seen some posts reporting Kingston flash memory not working in some cameras. If you can get the media at a local store that will allow a return for incompatibility, I may consider it. *But, compatibility isn't an easy thing to establish. Some cards can work until a certain function is tried, a certain capacity is reached or until it is reformatted. Also, revisions in card manufacturing mean that one card from a given supplier may work, and the next won't. It may be more hassle determining whether or not a given CF card works in your 5d than the price point is worth to you.

KEH has great prices on the Sandisk media, you can get a 1gb ultra2 for $62 U.S. or a 2 gb ultra3 (the ultra2 is the same price) for $109 U.S. I have the 2gb ultra3, it's super fast. I haven't tried the Lexar media, but it's a little cheaper and available in smaller sizes. I would probably buy a smaller media card instead of buying a larger one from a cheaper manufacturer.

Of course- this is only my opinion, I am not the all knowing authority on flash memory. I just tend to find a brand that I trust and stick with them. (this is why I have never owned any SLR other than Minolta)

Good luck Alex, I hope this helps.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:56 PM   #6

Here is a link to a review using that Kingston Elite Pro/ KM 7d

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134019

It's the one on the bottom. Most people seem to like it though.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:12 PM   #7

Have a look here

http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/cfcard/index.asp
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote