Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT

Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:23 PM   #21

I have a KM 5D. Within a weekafter buying it I won a Sigma 70-300 APO 4-5.6 Super Macro for it on eBay for just $98. It came in absolutely mint++ condition. Although it's not the later version for digital cameras (it's the gold stripe) it is a very sharp lens. The color is excellent and the autofocus is fast.And I don't think it's too noisy either. The bigplus on this lens is the Macro mode which allows me to really zoom in when in the 200mm + range. All in all I am very happy with my lens. Itfits my budget and it's a really great lens. I also have the 18-70mm kit lenswhich I like a lot too. And I caught a great deal on eBay again with a 50mm 1.7 that was in mint++ condition for only $45. So I'm set. Now I just have to figure out how to use all this stuffand take some interesting photos.

Hope it helps!

Jim
JimWWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:33 PM   #22

JimWWhite wrote:
Quote:
I have a KM 5D. And I caught a great deal on eBay again with a 50mm 1.7 that was in mint++ condition for only $45. So I'm set. Now I just have to figure out how to use all this stuffand take some interesting photos.

Hope it helps!

Jim
Jim,

An eBay Minolta dealer, who has sold me quite q bit of Minolta equipment, told me that in his opinion the 50mm 1.7 was superior to the 50mm 1.4 due to faster focusing. Have you heard this?
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:24 PM   #23

I also notice that B&H has a Sigma 50-500 for $679 US used, if anyone is still looking for one.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote